Author Topic: Replacing the wood.  (Read 169 times)

Online PaulieP

Replacing the wood.
« on: January 13, 2019, 01:44:42 PM »
So I have been looking for a used Arima for the last 3 months.  I have been looking for a early/mid 90’s 17’ or 19’ Sea Ranger.  I see a lot of them with the wood grain and I don’t really care for it.  Is there parts to replace them or do people just paint over it?  I’m hoping I can find one soon, otherwise I will have to consider looking for another brand of boat.

Online ohmytodd

Re: Replacing the wood.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 01:52:38 PM »
If you look for a later/mid 90's, that's when they switched to the white starboard (I have a '97 with the white interior). You can also buy starboard replacement kits from the factory, or some guys just buy the material and DIY. I'm guessing someone will chime in who's done the conversion.

Keep in mind that we're in very slow time of year to buy/sell any boats, especially Arimas. In the next month or two you'll see more listed, but the prices will be a bit higher than what you'll come across in late fall/winter.
1997 Sea Ranger 19, '04 Honda BF150, '06 Mercury 8

1988 Sea Hunter with Johnson 60 and Honda BF8 for sale!

Offline Markshoreline

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 05:07:49 PM »
You can used the old wood ones as patterns onto the new starboard.  You’ll want to get advice here on how many sheets of starboard you’ll need.  That is pretty expensive stuff!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Online PaulieP

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 06:21:14 PM »
Well then I guess it’s not really worth it.  I’m going to give myself until the end of March to find one, if I can’t I have to move on.  There is a sportsman’s Show in Sacramento next weekend and I think there will be a couple of new ones there.  If there’s a big enough discount, I will consider buying new.

Offline charlietuna

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 02:28:14 PM »
Paulie, I have a SR 17' that I completely re-did in starboard and tons of other upgrades.  Boat is better than factory now.  I will be selling it soon, just have not listed it yet.
Feel free to PM me.
17' SeaRanger
USCG Licensed Master

Online PaulieP

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 04:51:13 PM »
PM sent