Author Topic: San Juan Cruise  (Read 274 times)

Offline ATGEP

San Juan Cruise
« on: July 29, 2017, 05:13:40 PM »
With the dwindling fishing opportunities this season, is there any interest in a 3-4 day Arima cruise in the San Juans? I have a c-dory friend who does a few of them every Summer. It would be fun to bring the camping gear, Kayaks, and not fish for a weekend. If anyone is interested in something like this, Lets put it together.
Sample itinerary:
First night Friday harbor. Something for everybody.  Potluck?
2nd night. Stuart island (camping, raft up, dock)
3rd night. Sucia island   (camping, raft up, dock)

Having amenities is important to most of the ladies and at a minimum there should be composting type toilets at each of the locations.

Offline Sparhawk

Re: San Juan Cruise
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 08:05:16 PM »
I would be interested but my main is currently crapped out and I don't want to go on a cruise with a 6 hp kicker. Maybe next year though. I think the idea of bottom fishing for cabezon, rockfish, etc. next year might entice a few people. I also have a small 18 gallon tank so I would need to bring a lot of extra fuel.
"God put me on this Earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die" - Calvin and Hobbes

1983 Tiderunner 150 Cuddy
70 Horsepower Evinrude

Offline Markshoreline

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 11:01:37 PM »
Our schedule is full right now but our favorite place in the SJ's is Patos Island.  There's a state park and you can tie up and camp on the beach with a magnificent 180 degree view!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Offline Sean

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 07:31:07 PM »
I'm late to the party but would definitely be up for something like this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Offline Markshoreline

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 11:27:46 PM »
It is getting a bit late in the year for us to expect decent weather for boat camping... although last weekend there was a little Tug rally in the SJ's and we saw hundreds of tugs in the water and they had great weather.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9