News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

protection for gunwale from crab pots

Started by xranger, August 08, 2018, 03:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xranger

So the new DB pot puller is installed on my SC 1511 and I'm wondering how to protect the gelcoat on the gunwale, side, and the bait tray from scratches from the crab pots. I recall a post a while back where someone purchased some rubber mats from WalMart that sounded like a good solution. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

GregE

Get  rubber shower mats with the suction discs.  Helps keep it in place
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

bdaws

Yeah, i just use a $20 mat from Home Depot that is carpeted on one side and rubberized on the bottom side. I noticed if I have the rubber side up it cleans off a lot easier with the hose. If carpet side is facing up the crab bait and mud take more time to clean off.

Tunacious

Here is what I did
More complicated than just using a mat but another idea.
I don't have to worry about it blowing away and its easy to clean. 
Can also be used for cutting bait if wanted.
I found a stainless steel Door Handle and cut it in half.
I placed one side of the cut door handle into each of my already there sockets for the ladder.
Bent and welded a piece of stainless flat metal to the cut door handle.
Bolted a piece of uhmv to the stainless plate
Bought a heavy door mat and cut holes in it so I could thread the ends of the door handle through it before I put the handle into the ladder holes.
Over the years I stopped using the door mat but I use the small table all the time.

In the evening grab a beer and go out and sit in your boat.  Its amazing what you can come up with.   :party:

www.arimaowners.com/gallery/1/248_04_09_11_11_36_47_17051474.jpeg[/img]