News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Windows Frame Rattle

Started by catch22, July 27, 2017, 07:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catch22

I have a 2001 19 sea chaser.  When I am running my windows begin to rattle from the vibration.  Does anybody have any ideas to firm the windows up so they don't vibrate do much?

wedocq

Sheesh! How fast are you going? :Just kidding ya. :biggrin: I have not heard of this problem. What kind of top do you have?
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Kimbrey

What does your propellor look like??  Is it the cause of vibration?
2005 Sea Legend --Sold--replaced with 26' Duckworth—Sold—replaced with 28' Farallon Walkaround

Markshoreline

If is a Chaser it is a convertible top. 
Are you saying that the windows rattle in the frames or do the frames rattle on the fiberglass?
If it is the windows the easy fix is to run a bead of black Boat Life Seal around the perimeter of each window, inside and out.  If they are rattling at the base, it is easy to pull the trim strip at the bottom of the frames and unscrew and remove them, then fill and redrill the holes and remount the windshield.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

wedocq

Oh. I thought Chasers had skip towers too.

Marine40

Chasers have skip tops too. I know of a 19' Chaser with a skip top on Whidbey Island.

Darren
Have -15' Hunter, Had - 2 each 17' Rangers, Had - 1 each 17 Skip Chaser, Had - 1 each 19' Skip Chaser, Have - 21' Skip Ranger.

wedocq

That's what I thought Darren!
-Shawn

Markshoreline

Yeah, those both exist, but the Convertibles and skips have the same windshield style whereas the HT is different- i.e., lots harder to remove.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

FryFish

Are all the windows rattling? Or is it just the middle window that swings open? Mine does this. I just stuff tackle packaging in there each trip. But one of these days I'll add a strip of adhesive door insulation into the gap...
1998 17' SC -- Sold
2021 17' SC - Suzuki 90hp - Yamaha F8

E-TEC Pacer

My port side window rattles when I'm trolling with the kicker at a certain rpm, drives me nuts. It's the frame where it meets with the front window. Gonna pull the rubber strip one of these days and see what's inside and how and if it can be tightened up. I know, change rpm's, I do but then it's either too fast or too slow for trolling. I'll deal with it for now. I noticed after I installed the new Arima kicker mount that the vibration goes thru the whole boat now. Don't remember that with the spring loaded mount. I'm sticking with the Arima mount, I love it! Back to fishing!
17' '05 Pacer
2014 E TEC 90
I'd get rid of my wife before I'd get rid of my
E TEC and I really love my wife.