Author Topic: Hydraulic Pump replacement for kicker motor bracket  (Read 395 times)

Offline colonelgene

Hydraulic Pump replacement for kicker motor bracket
« on: July 23, 2017, 08:04:47 AM »
My kicker motor bracket lifts and loers bu hydraulic pump; it is now acting as though it is going out on me.  When lifting or lowering motor, it does the herkie jerkie and is very, very slow.  We have been searching for a replacement but  cannot locate a unit.  Can any of you help?  Thanks  (2004  22 ft Sea Legend) :anyone:

Offline La-Z-Buoy

Re: Hydraulic Pump replacement for kicker motor bracket
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 08:20:08 AM »
Help us out here. Are you saying the bracket the motor mounts on to (what is actually attached to the boat) has a hydraulic pump for lifting and lowering the motor up or down, or that the tilt motor on your kicker itself is acting up? Not familiar with bracket pumps but the kicker tilt has a fluid reservoir and it can be checked for the proper level of fluid. That's where I'd start looking.

(BTW, your thread should probably go in the "Tricks and Tips" section of the forum. This section is for issues with the forum itself. No harm done, just FYI  :wink: .)
Richard

1991 19' Sea Ranger HT
DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

Offline Rokefin

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 08:50:10 AM »
I would first check the fluid level on your hydraulic pump....my pump has a screw on the top that I removed and was told to make sure the fluid level was an inch inch and a half from the top.
1989 17ft Arima Sea Chaser 2010 115 Yamaha 1995 9.9 Yamaha kicker - Bodega mostly

Offline colonelgene

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 10:10:46 PM »
It lifts the kicker up and down with switch inside the boat under live well.  We have checked and refilled the hydraulic fluid but still does not work properly.  Think the hydraulic pump is going.  I know that this system must have been installed by dealer but have no information on it.  Have been looking for name of manufacturer and part numbers but so far am unsuccessful.  So, may have to query a dealer hydraulic tech to see if they can help or end up having to replace the whole shootin" match.   :anyone:

Offline Hydroman

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 10:21:39 PM »
I believe the hydraulic motor brackets were made by Guetz in Idaho, they also my hydraulic steering systems for kickers.

There was a recent post that the company was still in business.

Jim
17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS

Offline DevMah

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 09:13:33 PM »
I believe  its It's Goetz Engineering
Same guys make trol-eze.

https://www.trol-eze.com/contact

Parts

https://www.trol-eze.com/replacement-parts

Dev
2015 21' Sea Ranger
2015 Yamaha F150
2013 Mercury 9.9 Bigfoot 4 blade
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

Offline colonelgene

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 11:23:37 PM »
Thanks all for your help.  Yes, it is Goetz Engineering.  Made original I replaced.  Just finished installation and back in business; works like new.  Looking forward to getting back onto the water.  Happy fishing.