News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Storage stand for vinyl windows and panels

Started by Bandaid, July 16, 2017, 04:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandaid

I had an old VHS stand i was planning to take to Goodwill, but came up with an idea to make a stand for the vinyl panels and windows. 
I purchased a 4" pool noodle and found an old wooden broom handle. I inserted the broom handle into the hole running the center of the noodle. Using a knife, I cut down to the handle and around front and back leaving about  2" uncut resting between the wood handle and the stand. Then, using plastic coated wire, I wired the broom handle firmly to the stand, inserting it in my freshly made cut.
I put a towel over the styrofoam noodle and layered the  vinyl panels on top of each other, placing fabric between each panel.
I plan to change out the towels with some cotton sheets trimmed to size.
Cost $6.00 plus stuff around the house

Chief of the Boat

Markshoreline

I just hate the wrinkles in the wadded up windows up in the cuddy.  Great solution, Judy!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Fishin Machine

That's a great Idea I can make the role hang from the ceiling and use that.

DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger

Bandaid

I got some 3" pool noodles to use to roll the vinyl up in to store in the cuddy when out Fishing. I'll use some cut up sheets between the eisen glass so it doesn't rub together and tie the rolls with 1" strips of cotton. That way the vinyl is protected from dirt, scratches, bends and breaks.

Yachter Yat

Bandaid, love it!  Wish I had done something like that years ago.  BTW, my wife was asking me who "Bandaid" is.  I told her I wasn't sure, but that it's quite possible you could either be a "nurse" or perhaps a "roadie" for some rock band.  :shrug9: 

Yat
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Old No7

Very neat idea for "off the boat" storage!

Just like an old quilt rack -- customized for/by Arima owners.

Interestingly...

Just this morning I dropped off my Arima Sea Ranger to have the 17 year old mooring canvas and the front/side windows replaced -- after that long, and with my 2 older brothers owning this boat before me, they sure didn't owe me anything -- yet the local canvas shop * told me to............

"Roll them up no tighter than a 6" diameter and store them standing up."

The concern about laying them down was them getting bumped, which could add creases; or stepped on, which could crack the clear material.

I might go out looking for a 6" diameter cardboard tube that I can cover with some soft fabric.

I'm not sure how or even IF that will work in the boat...  But we'll figure something out after I pick it up...

Old No7

( * Coast of Maine... Sorry to CanvasGuy... It's just not convenient for either of us...)
(  But I hope my guy delivers half the quality that I've seen you do here...
)

"A bad day on an Arima, is better than a good day at work!"

GregE

Check out a carpet store for cardboard tubes, that they probably throw out.  You can suspend them from the ceiling or a shelf bracket and cut them to the desired length.
Bandaid (Retired RN, CB handle, Greg E's other half).
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Yachter Yat

Aaah...........okay, thanks Greg.  I had a feeling she might have been a nurse.  She seems like a sweetheart.  Your like me..........a lucky guy.   BTW, another idea for that canvas roll might be a piece of 8" Sono tube. 

All the best,  Yat
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)