News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Our new Sea Legend

Started by Dhil12, July 11, 2017, 03:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gfakkema

Looking good Darrell, so shiny! Keep those pics coming...

COB, did you guys change the AK bulkhead or will that change? The opening in my bulkhead follows the contour of the HT and curves up, leaving more headroom. Are you guys going to cut it or is that how it's going to stay?
2001 22' Sea Legend HT w/Alaskan Bulkhead
2006 Suzuki DF250 / 2004 Mercury 9.9

Chief of the Boat

gfakkaema,
It will have the same Alaskan Bulkhead as your boat.

Dhil12

Thanks Greg and Gregg. We are very pleased.

Darrell
Darrell
2018 Sea Legend ht with bulkhead
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

mustang65fbk

I really like the design and look of the Arima's, especially the hardtops. I wish I could afford a Sea Legend but as it sits they're a bit out of my price range. Great looking boat though!
2003 21' Sea Ranger Skip Top
2003 Honda 130hp 4 Stroke

Dhil12

This weeks new pics of our new boat courtesy Of COB
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Irishman

She is coming along. Looking good. Now you just have to decide on Electronics. You have come this far, might as well go all the way right? I did my own rigging but it was a lot of work. Looking forward to seeing you out there. Great boats!
"The problem with land is that it's infested with people." -unknown
21HT - Betelgeuse

Dhil12

Thanks Irishman. We have picked the electronics. Garmin 7612 xsv, 24 inch fantom radar and a transome mount transducer, garmin vhf, and a small fusion stereo. Looking forward to seeing you out there one day. We will be mooring in Edmonds

Thanks,
Darrell
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

GregE

Wow, are those AK bulkhead windows radiused?  Looks like you may have an extra inch or two
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Dhil12

I dont know Gregg, is your bulkhead straight across?
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Dhil12

another pic
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Yachter Yat

Dhil;  Your going with a transom mounted transducer?   "Transom spaghetti" on such a beautiful boat?  Your kidding?  This is no run-of-the-mill shitass runabout.   IMO, that baby is way too classy for that.  If that were mine, it would have a thru hull installed before it left the factory.  Sorry, but my  :twocents:

Yat
History is not the past; it's the present, as we all carry it with us......James Baldwin    
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Dhil12

Well I was told that is the best way to go because it may not be accessed in the future? I know nothing
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

GregE

Looking for a better pic.  I think the top curve looked like the glass was curved.  Rebait's was flat.
Greg
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Tom Mac

Its going to be one nice vessel. I would go with a though or shoot though transducer my self, the factory must be able it make it so its accessible. There has to be room aft of the fuel tank. I could be wrong! No mater what you are one lucky guy to be getting a brand new right out of the box Legend!
1991 Sea Ranger 17, 2014 F90 Yamaha, 2008 T8 Yamaha

Dhil12

Thanks Tom Mac. You have no idea how blessed I feel. I dont deserve such a nice boat!
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Dhil12

so besides the ugly spaghetti of a transom mount, is there any advantages to the thru hull vs transome mount transducer? Like I say, I know nothing
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

BigSid

Best thing about thru hull is more power! I could be wrong but I'm not sure if Airmar makes a 1KW transom ducer. Thru hull tracks bottom better at speed and no worries about alignment and such, she's permanent! I had Don put a B175 in my Ranger, factory charged me $250 to install it I believe. It's awesome. But if you can't ever access it again, that's kind of an issue but I have a feeling Don would get something figured out.
2016 SR19 Honda 135 & 9.9

croaker stroker

The through-hull would be mounted farther forward.....away from turbulence near the transom caused by the outboard motor, trim tabs etc.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Kimbrey

Quote from: BigSid on July 28, 2017, 06:52:16 PM
Best thing about thru hull is more power! I could be wrong but I'm not sure if Airmar makes a 1KW transom ducer. Thru hull tracks bottom better at speed and no worries about alignment and such, she's permanent! I had Don put a B175 in my Ranger, factory charged me $250 to install it I believe. It's awesome. But if you can't ever access it again, that's kind of an issue but I have a feeling Don would get something figured out.
I had a 1000w transom mount transducer when I had my SL.  Airmar makes it. The hardest part of having a larger transom mount ducer is fitting it in the space with the trim tabs.  Plan it ahead before you get the tabs mounted.
2005 Sea Legend --Sold--replaced with 26' Duckworth—Sold—replaced with 28' Farallon Walkaround

Dhil12

Our new girl left the factory, Heading to Edmonds. I can't thank Don, Terry, Belinda, Bo and all at Defiance enough for building us such a great boat and making this whole process such a wonderful experience. You will always be friends, thank you so much!
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

familyrig

So jealous!!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1999 Sea Explorer 75hp Yamaha 6HP Suzuki/ 1990 Sea Ranger 17' 90 hp Honda

GregE

Wowser   :applause:

who's doing the motor rigging?
Greg

Dhil12

Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

croaker stroker

Beautiful. Tastefully clean look.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

milos dad

You will be very happy, and the boat is well equipped