News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Our new Sea Legend

Started by Dhil12, July 11, 2017, 03:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhil12

My wife and I had the pleasure of visiting the factory today to see our boat under construction. We also had the pleasure of meeting Don and Terry of Arima and Beau, the owner of Defiance. My wife and I were very impressed! We couldnt be happier with the progress on the boat and the caliber of everyone we met today! Everyone were so nice and were just an absolute pleasure to meet. We feel like we just made life long friends!

Darrell

Darrell
2018 Sea Legend ht with bulkhead
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Irishman

Looking really good! I love me 2016 19HT. I actually down sized from a 30 foot bayliner and like this boat so much more. I hope you have many years and great memories in your new boat. I hope to see you on the water some time. I still haven't come up with a name for my boat yet.
"The problem with land is that it's infested with people." -unknown
21HT - Betelgeuse

Dhil12

Thanks Irishman. After seeing the boat and meeting the people behind it, we are now even more excited! Hope to see you on the water. No name here yet either.
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Crackerbox

mustang65fbk

Very nice!  Will it be a hard top or skip top and when will she be ready for the water?  One of these days I need to go for a tour, I love to see cars/boats and so on going through the various stages of being assembled.
2003 21' Sea Ranger Skip Top
2003 Honda 130hp 4 Stroke

pgbrown

You will be happy with your choice!

Philip
2014 17' Sea Ranger
90 hp Honda
9.9 hp Honda

Dhil12

Mustang, it will be a hardtop with the Alaskan bulkhead. Another couple weeks at the factory and then a couple more outfitting. You are welcome to come down and see the boat in Edmonds when we get it!
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Dhil12

Thanks Phillip. We are so happy, especially after meeting the quality people building it. I know we made the right choice.
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

GregE

The side windows stay level = HT  All others slope down
Plus a hint at the bottom of his posts

2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Nice start to a great boat-  good for you.  did you get to sign a plank? 

Bo sounds the same but he's not a  Brummel 
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

gfakkema

Congrats Darrell. I can't even imagine the excitement that you and your family must have. Definitely keep those build pics coming. I've only met met Bo a couple of times and Terry once, but they are no doubt good people and will take great care of you and your boat.
2001 22' Sea Legend HT w/Alaskan Bulkhead
2006 Suzuki DF250 / 2004 Mercury 9.9

Dhil12

Greg and Gregg, They know and remember you guys. We mentioned you both. I feel Arima owners are a family! It's pretty cool!
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Dhil12

Thanks guys. We are elated! Great boat from great people! Couldnt be happier!
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

wedocq

Congrats! That's awesome for you and your family. The best part is they will continue to be friendly and helpful after you take the boat home. You just got to watch out for that Terry character. You never know about him. :whistle: Just kidding COB!  :biggrin:
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Dhil12

Thanks wedocg. Terry is awesome!
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

HemiGTX

Congratulations on your new boat! 

All the folks I've met from Defiance are top-notch.  They take great pride in their work and it shows.  And best of all, they treat every Arima owner like family.  Even if you buy a second-hand beater like mine!

AKA: "The guy who fishes with Nicole"

Dhil12

Thanks Hemi. I agree. Everyone at Defiance and Arima are class acts. We couldnt be happier! Great people building great boats!
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

mm916157

How much customization is allowed when you buy a boat from the factory?

Super cool!

Dhil12

Pretty much anything you want within reason. Between the factory and the dealer will outfit the boat the way you want, if its can be done. Thats why we stepped up to buy new. Alot of money, but we plan on keeping it, so we want to get it outfitted the way we want it.
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

wedocq

I thought the new windshields were forward facing?
-Shawn

Chief of the Boat

mustang65fbk

Any other pictures or updates?
2003 21' Sea Ranger Skip Top
2003 Honda 130hp 4 Stroke

Dhil12

I have a bunch of pictures, thanks to Terry at Arima. They are all pictures from the beginning until now, mainly just all the pieces as they start assembly. Shouldnt be too much longer to see more of the finished product. I have tried to upload an album of all the pictures but cant figure out how to do it. All I can say after meeting Terry and Don at Arima,and the crew building the boat, I am very happy!! Great people build great boats!
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

wedocq

Dhil12

Terry at Arima sent me a few more pictures of our boat. It's coming along very nicely!

Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

GregE

After looks great!!   :applause:

The Before with the open roof got my attention
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait