News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Ethanol free gas locations

Started by SRanger, December 09, 2011, 09:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRanger

Maybe there are other sources, this is one that seems decent.

http://pure-gas.org/

Even has an iPhone app.  Not that I have an iPhone...just like saying "app".
99 19' Arima Sea Ranger HT,  Honda BF130/BF8.
88 17' Arima Sea Ranger ST,  Yamaha F80/Merc 8 (sold)

strokersquid

Ca only has 5 stations, none near any big city. wonder why that is.

CanvasGuy

Well .... we seem to be loosing our ability to get non E gas  :shrug9:
there is only two places   near me, one just less than a mile and one down by the docks in Port Angeles..I just got an account with the card lock co.
and have been getting my cans filled there when moored. and dragging the boat through the stations. but it has to be Supreme only and at a much higher rate.
I am of the School of the Newer 4 strokes with FI are OK with E gas if you use a good grade from the better places.. I was told from my Honda dealer
that it was a NO NO to buy Cheep gas.. AKA as Safeway/ COSTCO/off brands etc. So I have stayed away from discount Gas.But @ the Docks in Neah bay
the gas comes from the same trucks as the Card lock Co, and has E in it.you must use it out there.. not much choice.
So If the Hordes of Arima guys are pouring into Neah Bay this May They might want to bring cans of Non E gas..just a thought... :shrug9:

CG
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

strokersquid

The Costco and Safeway brands are no different these days ( at least in Ca ) from the Shells and Exxons. I used to work in a clinic that served refinery workers, as well as the chemical engineers that worked at two large refineries nearby. The workers said they made a batch of gas, then several different brand tankers would line up and fill from the same batch. The chem engineers said the regulations on gas were so strict these days that there was no difference between any brands. If you made a batch to a major brand's specifications, it worked for everybody. With the output of a refinery, it made no sense to make a "cheap" batch to sell to costco or safeway.

Kimbrey

Quote from: strokersquid on December 11, 2011, 10:01:23 AM
The Costco and Safeway brands are no different these days ( at least in Ca ) from the Shells and Exxons. I used to work in a clinic that served refinery workers, as well as the chemical engineers that worked at two large refineries nearby. The workers said they made a batch of gas, then several different brand tankers would line up and fill from the same batch. The chem engineers said the regulations on gas were so strict these days that there was no difference between any brands. If you made a batch to a major brand's specifications, it worked for everybody. With the output of a refinery, it made no sense to make a "cheap" batch to sell to costco or safeway.

That's what I understand also.
2005 Sea Legend --Sold--replaced with 26' Duckworth—Sold—replaced with 28' Farallon Walkaround

finfinn

Got same story from guys working at a refinery in Houston - the only difference is the few cans or buckets of the "secret stuff" the trucker may add to the tank, so it gets mixed in between the refinery and the gas station.
Had a glorious SR19 Finnesse.
You can not change the length of your life, but boating does increase its width and depth.

SekiuSaba

At my local Costco the gas is delivered by the same trucking company that delivers gas to the Chevron down the street.  Here is a couple of links that explains the "differences" in the different brands.  They make for interesting reading.  The USA Today article is a little old but I doubt much has changed since then.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Is-There-a-Difference-Between-Gasoline-Brands?&id=3763622

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/energy/2007-06-13-bad-gas-usat_N.htm

17' SC Skip Tower - 90 & 8 Honda