News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

M275LHW Transducer

Started by HemiGTX, June 19, 2017, 09:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HemiGTX

I noticed that Airmar has a new new transducer that maintains a 25 degree cone from 150-250 kHz.  This is pretty remarkable.  My M265LM has a 16-11 degree come at medium chirp (85-135 kHz).  The performance of my current transducer is fantastic, but I'm interested in this new one.  Maybe my downrigger balls would be more visible when trolling deep?  Looks like the street price is just under $2k.

Does anyone currently use one? 

I might have to push a new radar purchase farther down the road..
AKA: "The guy who fishes with Nicole"

StreamFixer

OR you could install the radar on my boat to work out the kinks before putting it on yours   :whistle:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

BruceL2_Fish

I was looking up the m275LH-W and did not find it.  I found a CM275LH-W, but it does not look like it would mount to your tank.  Got a link to what you are looking at.
Oh yah, you asked a question not to get questioned.  Opps!   :party:
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

HemiGTX

SF:  keep hauling your boat to Neah Bay every year for halibut season and maybe someday I'll give you a radar.  Probably not, but maybe..

BruceL:  Airmar indicates that the PM275LHW is suitable for tank (shoot-thru-hull) mounting.  It will require some research, but it appears that I could remove my existing transducer from the tank lid assembly and replace it with the 275 transducer. At least I hope that's how it is installed. 

That 275 looks to be the best thing going, as near as I can tell.

BruceL2_Fish

Great, figure it out before I buy mine.  I am saving for the M265LH now, what an extra few hundred if I get better coverage with the 275. 
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

FishAddict

I'm running the b175 hw that is the high side of that transducer in a thru hull and it is an Awesome transducer.  This will be my first full season with it at Westport for salmon so I'll have a lot better feel l, but it has been great bottom fishing and salmon fishing in the sound.
21ft Sea Ranger w/Yamaha F150

HemiGTX

Thanks FishAddict.  Please let us know how well your downrigger balls show up, especially from 100' and deeper.  Thanks in advance.

First Cabin

Quote from: HemiGTX on June 23, 2017, 05:38:37 AM
Thanks FishAddict.  Please let us know how well your downrigger balls show up, especially from 100' and deeper.  Thanks in advance.

Seeing the downrigger balls at depth is more about the cone angle of the transducer than anything else, isn't it?  The deeper you go, the further back the ball is blown, the wider the transducer cone angle needs to be to see it.

I find that I can see the downrigger balls best on my Airmar P66 transducer running at 50kHz...it has a 45 degree cone angle at 50kHz.  It "sees" the downrigger ball much better than my more expensive, more sensitive, chirp transducer running from 13-24 degree cone.

I really like running the P66 at 50kHz on one screen with Chirp GT51M-TM on another.  Very interesting to compare the views. 
First:  1982 15' SeaHunter, Yamaha 70 2-stroke, Yamaha F6
Second:  1987 17' SeaRanger, Merc 90 2-stroke, Yamaha F8
Current:  2002 17' SeaChaser, Yamaha F100, Yamaha T8

GregE

Good points EJ.

$2K for a transducer?!?!  You had me until that   :shrug9:
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

HemiGTX

It's not $2000; it's JUST UNDER $2000.

That's a big difference.

GregE

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait