News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Pump Toilet

Started by rbm120, May 06, 2017, 08:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbm120

Have a SC 19 .. has anyone looked at installing a marine head ..either electric or standard pump type .. wife just hates and will not use the porta pot.. :shrug9:

croaker stroker

Welcome to the group.  :arms:

I have never seen a thread on here where someone installed a marine toilet.   :anyone:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Markshoreline

Haven't seen that either.  The issues are that you have to have a holding tank since you can't discharge into non coastal waters, a water tank plus space for the toiler, as well as the plumbing.  There's some potties that have a bag liner, a normal looking seat and sit higher that may be more acceptable.  The bags can be single use.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

BigMac

Mark,
I have an upgraded Portapotti that she might like tolerate.
It's a pressurize one. Pump up pressure in the water holding part and just push a button to flush.
If you're still at NB you can check it out on the "Maddy A", C 7, Big Salmon.
(Dave)

Markshoreline

Dave it was nice to se you last night at the potluck.  Sorry we didn't discuss this then it would have been nice to take a tour of your potty!   :jester:

BigMac

Mark,
To bad we didn't hook up.
The tour of my potty surely would have made you day!!
(Dave)

Threeweight

I installed a pressurized set up like Dave's in the tin can.  Dometic brand, w/ the 2.6 gallon tank.  Wife likes it, though she was fine with the square bucket we used previously.  We got it for female guests this summer.

When I looked into these crappers, I discovered there is a huge range of quality and design.  Dometic is one of the top brands.  Stay away from the leaky/exploding Wal Mart specials.

https://www.amazon.com/Dometic-301097206-Portable-Toilet-Gallon/dp/B00194F0CE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1494614223&sr=8-4&keywords=dometic+970
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Markshoreline

Does the Dometic fit beneath the cuddy cushions?

diodon

I have the taller 5 gal. one and it fits under the cuddy cushions :rimshot:
2007 21 Sea Explorer.   2007 Suzuki DF140.        2011 Honda 9.9

Tj805

No one ever clogged a five gallon bucket .
Just saying
2000 sea chaser 19
Honda 130
2014 yamaha f8

StreamFixer

Perhaps someone could rig one to work like a bidet??? :shrug9:

My daughter and  daughter-in-law are much more practical --- I don't think they has even tried the porta potti  ---5 gallon bucket -- "Eyes front guys" -- rinse

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu