Author Topic: Simrad GO9 XSE  (Read 247 times)

Offline Wrinagade

• Fry
  • Central Oregon Coast-Apprentice Lineman
  • View Gallery
Simrad GO9 XSE
« on: April 09, 2017, 07:14:21 PM »
Does anybody have, or know much about the Simrad GO9 XSE? West Marine has a sale on the Radar bundle. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on it! :smile1:

Offline Threeweight

Re: Simrad GO9 XSE
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 09:49:03 AM »
Friend has the Simrad GO7 and likes it a lot.  I've messed with it a bit, really nice screen and the interface is intuitive.  I've only played with it in the garage and on the river.

Simrad is the high-end product line of Navico (parent company of Lowrance). 

I'd compare it to a Raymarine A98 + one of their 18" radar domes before buying.  You might also look at the new Raymarine Axioms (which support true 3d bottom imaging, kinda crazy).  Anchor Express beat West Marine's sale prices when I was shopping.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Wild Card, Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220, Honda 225 and 9.9

“Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed.”
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Wrinagade

• Fry
  • Central Oregon Coast-Apprentice Lineman
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 07:47:54 PM »
Thank you, 3WT! I will look into the Raymarine also. All I've owned is Lowrance so far, one of my buddies has the GO7 on his PC dory, I fell in love with it!

Offline Threeweight

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 10:43:19 PM »
No problem.  The 18" "Quantum" is Raymarine's equivalent digital radar to the unit West Marine sells w/ the Simrad.

I have the older Raymarine RD418, and it works great. 
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Wild Card, Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220, Honda 225 and 9.9

“Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed.”
       --- Hunter S. Thompson