News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Great "Sign" for a Boater

Started by Old No7, April 03, 2017, 06:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old No7

You were probably thinking "signs of spring", right???

Close, as we did see this at a gardening shop/greenhouse that my wife wanted to visit yesterday, and I picked up a few points for tagging along...

Actually, seeing and smelling LIVE PLANTS was good for the soul -- especially after getting 14" of HEAVY WET SNOW on Saturday.

This is a GREAT SIGN for a boater!!!

That will become my motto this season!  :beerchug:

Old No7
"A bad day on an Arima, is better than a good day at work!"

Markshoreline

We never had that much snow in the Northwest, but did have 6 months of winter and I am glad the sun is shining today for only the 4th time since October!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Yachter Yat

Mark;  So, what you don't get in snow, you make up for in clouds?   :biggrin:

Yat
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Rokefin

Was in Tahoe over the weekend, most folks I questioned are really happy that the winter is ending.... a few newbie's to the area enjoyed the snowy winter.
It was sunny and gorgeous up there with some big floating clouds, and nice to see the lake has filled up!
Sorry no pics to share.

StreamFixer

Yat --   No "clouds" --  "clouds" implies there is blue, or other sky color, separating the  "clouds"   You need to see blue to see "clouds"....  What we have been getting for weeks on end is just dull grey overcast...
:stooges:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Markshoreline

Yachter Yat

"Dull gray overcast"........"Constant rain"............That's it then; I'm staying in New England.  Sorry guys.......your loss.  :facepalm:

Yat
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

headduck

It's a blanklet of clouds...I call it the "blanket of sorrow." You pull it up to your chin in October and its not kicked off the bed until July...

The other horrible anology I use to describe Seattle weather is that its like an abusive lover...8 months of the year, "why I am here...you are killing me"...the other 4 moths..."i Iove so much baby...I'm never going to leave..." you take the bad for the times that can't be had anywhere else...and there's always Hawaii in Dec/Jan....

Lastly no big snow, ice storms, hurricanes, tornadoes or blistering heat...
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

Markshoreline

And no 60 degree days for the past 5 months!

StreamFixer

Not true.  We had a 60+ day in February and again yesterday.  Actually had shadows too (at least I think that is what those dark things that kept following me around were....)

Headduck has it about right.  Without the rain and a decent winter, we would not get the green all summer.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

Markshoreline

StreamFixer

Well, we often get about a week's worth of 100+ in late July/early Aug. that you guys usually miss so---

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade