Author Topic: Re-wire and move batteries Consult  (Read 491 times)

Offline Kahunanui

Re-wire and move batteries Consult
« on: March 20, 2017, 05:04:23 AM »
I would like to hire a consultant

I have been reading threads in the group for years and enjoy and appreciate witnessing the sharing, the assistance and advice freely given but, considering some of the controversies that ensue in the discussions leaving a bit of doubt of which view to follow;  I would like to make a business arrangement with a skilled boat electrician with not only technical knowledge of marine electrical systems and ABYC recommendations but practical application in real life, small (open) boat salt water operations, and best practices. 

Therefore,

I would like to find out if there is a qualified    (small boat)     electrician willing to provide a quote to produce a scheme of re-wiring a Arima Sea Chaser 15-11 with sketches schematic displayed on a simple drawing of the Arima hull that takes into consideration my collection of electric clients and a move of batteries forward.     Main and Kicker engines.    To include a list of components keyed to the drawing,  suggesting the correct fuse location, distribution fuse panels, switches, wire size and connectors, conduit, boxes, , .

Don’t have any idea if I can afford this good advice and still be able to afford good wire and components but this is my last boat, I am getting old and don’t need any problems underway and would like to pass along a safe boat when my fishing days are forced to end.

Anyone out their qualified and willing to get involved? Or, can anyone refer me to someone that might want to produce a plan,  sketches and recommendations/component listing for me to rewire my Arima?
?

Thanks

If you find it better to work from email :    woundedwarriorangler@gmail.com
Stay Pono,  Lawai'a        -        U.S.C.G. -  O.U.P.V.

2001 SC 15'11" 75 hp Honda re-carbed to 90 w/ 9.9 Honda boot. Hawaii is home, currently @ USMC Camp Lejeune NC

Offline StreamFixer

• Administrator
  • Fisherman
  • Have Rod, Will Travel
  • View Gallery
    • StreamFix
Re: Re-wire and move batteries Consult
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 08:19:43 AM »
Perhaps this consultation would need to be under taken after a full investigation of the wiring and conditions under which said usage is likely to occur (like fishing trips). 

Is airfare contemplated in the compensation for this consultation   :whistle:   :shrug9:

StreamFixer
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top
'03 Yamaha 115 EFI
'05 Yamaha T8 Solas 4 blade prop

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu'

Offline Kahunanui

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 02:49:59 AM »
As a Ham Radio operator I have a standing rule, no additional Ham Radio licensee's aboard as too much trouble explaining why such a crowded antenna forest on such a tiny boat and 'why' did you do it that way , , , , you cudda done it this way easier - or - we end up 'tweaking and testing' with a deck covered in wiring and tools
and never get around to fishin

:biggrin:

2001 SC 15'11" 75 hp Honda re-carbed to 90 w/ 9.9 Honda boot. Hawaii is home, currently @ USMC Camp Lejeune NC

Offline StreamFixer

• Administrator
  • Fisherman
  • Have Rod, Will Travel
  • View Gallery
    • StreamFix
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 08:30:37 AM »
Awww  Shucks   :nono:

W7SFR
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top
'03 Yamaha 115 EFI
'05 Yamaha T8 Solas 4 blade prop

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu'

Offline DevMah

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 07:54:29 AM »
PM sent.

Dev
2015 21' Sea Ranger
2015 Yamaha F150
2013 Mercury 9.9 Bigfoot 4 blade
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

Offline Kahunanui

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 10:22:51 AM »
Thank you.

J