Author Topic: Price increase  (Read 821 times)

Offline Fish04

Price increase
« on: March 10, 2017, 09:27:27 PM »
Just went to the boat show in Sacramento Ca. today and a rep. said all of the Arima's have taken a big jump in price. I inquired about a 16' Sea Chaser the rep said they are now a VALUE type boat meaning everything will be extra on them. I also inquired about a 17' Sea Chaser and the Rep said that they Jumped up in price $10000.00 from January 2017. to March 2017.
This seams like a big jump in price with materials going down in the oil dept. and Aluminum areas also. Could we get a explanation on this much of a hike. I know wages workers comp. ins. jumped up a little but WOW $ 10000.00?
Fish04

Online Croaker Stroker

Re: Price increase
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 09:44:01 PM »

Everything is going up.

$364 for a 9' Calstar rod.  :1zhelp:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"If a fish will, he will… if he won't, he won't… and that's about it… except… he may take this when he won't take that."

Online beancounter

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 04:33:07 AM »
Might just be that dealer blowing smoke up your skirt. I suspect he wants to get more for his boats. Market right now wouldn't support that size of an increase with commodity prices being lower as was previously mentioned. Haven't noticed the Canadians storming across the border to spend their battered dollars on Arimas either lately.

Offline wedocq

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 08:49:52 AM »
It's all about supply and demand! They must feel the demand for their product will support a higher price. I find that interesting though. I have been watching the used market, and boats that would sell within a week at the listed price seem to be sitting there for months now. :shrug9:
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki DF175 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Offline StreamFixer

• Administrator
  • Fisherman
  • Have Rod, Will Travel
  • View Gallery
    • StreamFix
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 11:36:40 AM »
Folks waiting to see where the economy will be going under the Trump administration. 

This is not a political comment, nor is political commentary to be read into it.  Simply an observation on why people may, or may not, be taking on financial obligations.

StreamFixer
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top
'03 Yamaha 115 EFI
'05 Yamaha T8 Solas 4 blade prop

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu'

Offline Rokefin

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 01:13:57 PM »
Fish04 - how was the Sac boat show?  I was thinking it would be mostly ski boats and wet bikes so I have never bothered to go. We're there enough fishing boats to make going worth while?

I agree that the rep was blowing smoke or misinformed, a price hike that big would drastically hurt there sales in my opinion.
1989 17ft Arima Sea Chaser 2010 115 Yamaha 1995 9.9 Yamaha kicker - Bodega mostly

Offline Flying Arima

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 01:27:54 PM »
I would go to the source call defiance marine. Sometimes you get reps at these shows blowing smoke  :shrug9: I find it hard to believe there gonna raise the price 10k on a 17 chaser. It's no secret that the price to build boats goes up every year but not 10k maybe Belinda or Chief of the boat will chime in.

http://www.defiancemarine.com/
James

2015 19ft sea chaser / REEL TYME
2015 yamaha 115

Online BurnsieBabe

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 09:52:49 AM »
The increase was approximately 3% between 2016 and 2017, and the same 2015 to 2016.

Note on oil price situation: It may seem low to you folks at the pump but resin has just gone up 5% this last month.  Gelcoat is up over 6%, Acetone is up over 10%.

Belinda

Offline La-Z-Buoy

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 10:09:42 AM »

Note on oil price situation: It may seem low to you folks at the pump but resin has just gone up 5% this last month.  Gelcoat is up over 6%, Acetone is up over 10%.

Belinda

With regards to the oil price comment: It's puzzling, isn't it, that when oil shot up the airline industry and the tire industry excused the increases in price to the price of oil. Then when oil came down they were very quiet. No one bothered to hold their feet to the fire  :shrug9: .
Richard

1991 19' Sea Ranger HT
DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8