News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

LEAD POUR! This Sat 3/4, PLUS Special Guest!

Started by wedocq, February 28, 2017, 07:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wedocq

I plan on starting to set up around 8 am, and hopefully pouring lead by 9, and throughout the day. I posted on the other thread what molds I have. Bring whatever you have!

Mark is bringing Hamburgers and hotdogs for all. We need everyone else to bring some sides and drinks. PLEASE! Don't bring any PBR for me this year. Last time I was overflowing with it.  :biggrin:

Please bring a few bucks to throw in on the wire forms, and eyelets!

PLEASE NOTE! Unless you show up with a fool proof system, we are not pouring any pipe jigs. We spilled WAY too much lead the last few years making these things! I would like to refer you to the Norwegian Cod Jig mold instead. It was just as effective offshore as the pipe jigs.

I plan on having a bunch of fishing gear and boating gear available for sale. Bring whatever excess you have laying around. That has been fun the last few years! :biggrin:

PM me for the address. All are welcome!

-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Rifleman

I'll bring paper plates, napkins, plastic forks, etc.  Also have 10 lb finned mold and 16 oz. spire pt jig mold and needed hooks.  As I have a new Yamaha motor I no longer need Honda 90 stuff; filters, zincs, manual etc. also whatever you call the mitt that wraps around the Bimini top when is all folded up for a SR 19".
  Oh boy, this event is always fun. Looking forward to it. Rifleman

Markshoreline

Rifleman, thanks.  I'll have all the food and condiments covered.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

wedocq

We have a special guest coming! Robert is bringing a good fishing buddy who's going to bring his knowledge and some gear to sell at wholesale prices.

Shawn,
I am bringing John Beath with me.  He is a fishing guide up in Alaska and outdoor writer and maintains several websites on halibut and salmon fishing up here.  He is also my fishing buddy and sells a line of rods and lures.   www.halibut.net.  www.https://halibutchronicles.com .  He is a wealth of info on halibut fishing and I think that the guys would enjoy chatting with him.

Salmon King

I've heard a LOT about John....
And from what I have read this guy is a true Halibut Authority!
Too bad I'll miss this....
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

twolabs

I have about 10# maybe more of old wheel weights if someone want it they can have it.
Maybe hook me up with a cod jig or two after the pour. Wish I could make it sounds fun.

GregE

Got a way to send em along?  Who lives near you that's coming?   I'll pour you a couple 2#s and a 3#

We'd have to pre- melt all that.   No dirty lead splatters this year!!
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

wedocq

Quote from: Salmon King on February 28, 2017, 03:56:26 PM
You miss every year! We have been doing this lead pour now for at least 5 years. One of these times you need to make it and meet the guys. :biggrin:
-Shawn

twolabs

Quote from: GregE on February 28, 2017, 06:07:28 PM
Got a way to send em along?  Who lives near you that's coming?   I'll pour you a couple 2#s and a 3#

We'd have to pre- melt all that.   No dirty lead splatters this year!!

Don't know who from this area is heading that way. Thanks for the offer to pour me a couple.

FishAddict

I'm bringing a few extra molds from my neighbor and I want to pay him back with a downrigger ball or two for loaning them.  Does anyone have any extra lead they will be bringing that I can buy? 40-50 pounds?
21ft Sea Ranger w/Yamaha F150

Salmon King

Quote from: wedocq on February 28, 2017, 06:18:42 PM
Quote from: Salmon King on February 28, 2017, 03:56:26 PM
You miss every year! We have been doing this lead pour now for at least 5 years. One of these times you need to make it and meet the guys. :biggrin:
-Shawn

You always have it too far south...I'm lazy and don't like to drive that far (another reason why I don't fish the "Big C" or Eastern WA).  Outside of the fact that it hurts when I sit that long....so....I just don't travel even to Everett but a couple of times a year.
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

wedocq

Just a couple quick reminders. Bring something for the swap meet! And secondly, be sure to bring heavy-duty gloves and safety glasses!  this year we are going to limit how close you are to the molten lead if you're not part of the current production team. And don't forget the UPS motto. Safety First! Unless it gets in the way of production. :biggrin:
-Shawn

HemiGTX

Now that's a motto I can get behind!
:applause:
AKA: "The guy who fishes with Nicole"

GregE

Folks from all over WA showed up.  Shawn had things organized and set up.  I arrived about 915 and pots were full with lots of weights and jigs being poured.
Mark cooked hamburgers and hot dogs and Russ 2 made a fruit dump cake in Dutch Oven.  W
Here's a few pics

Greg
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

blue heron

I enjoyed the lead pour today.  Thank you Shawn for sponsoring it in your driveway.  I purchased 100 pounds of the lead Rifleman offered; made 60 pounds of downrigger balls, 20 pounds of cod jigs and 10 pounds of flutter jigs, leaving 10 pounds for slag and spillage.  I had a sore cheek from a root canal yesterday so didn't feel like eating or staying too late.
Don from Enumclaw
SR-19
115 Yamaha
8 Yamaha

BruceL2_Fish

It was a great time, and good to see everyone.   Thanks to Shawn for hosting, Russ for providing lead to buy and Mark for the great lunch.    It was also called old to have John there with all of his gear and rods to send money on. 
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

Diablo

Yes it was fun. Getting to be a lot of familiar faces at these events. Got a really nice brand new halibut rod as did others from John Beath.
Thanks Shawn for hosting and Mark and Russ for the food. Also thanks to Hudson for pounding that lead pipe flat and trimming jigs.
'98 19SR  '15 E Tec 115, '10 Honda 8
'67. 23 Tollycraft, 283 Chevy
'04  14' Western, '15 Tohatsu 10
'87  37 Roughwater two 8.2 Detroit diesels SOLD
'88 17SR  '90 Johnson 90, Honda 8, SOLD

gfakkema

Yeah, thanks for having us all Shawn. It was nice to finally put some faces to names.
2001 22' Sea Legend HT w/Alaskan Bulkhead
2006 Suzuki DF250 / 2004 Mercury 9.9

wedocq

Thanks everyone for coming! I am a sucker for fishing gear and ended up buying 2 rods and some squid skirts from John Beath. The food was tasty and I missed out on the dessert Russ made. :doh: I am looking forward to trying out some of the stuff we made (and my new rods).

Everyone one worked hard and made contributions, but I would like to thank the following People:
Russ (Rifleman): He brought a lot of good clean lead for everyone, and was the first one to show up right at 8 am and help set up (along with his friend Terry)
Robert (Rjr812): He brought John Beath, who brought some nice gear to sell at low costs.
Mark (Markshorline): He brought and cooked the burgers and hot dogs. (along with some doughnuts I think)
Jake (Fishaddict): He brought several molds that we haven't had before.
Bruce:(Bruce2fish): He brought extra propane and helped out a ton!
GregE: He brought some molds we haven't had before.
Ed (Diablo): He worked his butt off all day! Funniest line of the day, "Hey I am 70+ years old, why the hell am I the one bending over all day?"  :biggrin:
Scuba Greg: His non-stop entertaining stories. You crack me up Greg! I am glad the Coast Guard found you. :1zhelp:
Dave: He provided some good conversation and some good fishing stories!
Don (Blue Heron): He worked his butt today!
Gregg (GFakkema) He stayed to the very end and helped clean everything up! Thanks!
Rory (PNWPride) : He helped keep our production line going. Teamster Power!  :clap:
My wife Tanya: She provide a box of hammers as parting gifts.  :biggrin:

I am going by memory. Who did I miss?

Thanks everyone for another successful lead pour!

-Shawn

GregE

Good, weather, great folks and got several hundred # of lead reshaped.

WE shouild start a lost and found list...
I forgot my small  8" cast iron skillet
Greg

wedocq

Quote from: GregE on March 04, 2017, 07:53:22 PM
Good, weather, great folks and got several hundred # of lead reshaped.

WE shouild start a lost and found list...
I forgot my small  8" cast iron skillet

You also left:
2 lb mold
3 lb mold
Propane torch

Markshoreline

The fun and good friends made the crappy weather only an inconvenience.  The group organized and then operated like clockwork.  Produced a remarkable amount of lead today- thanks to the team!
The belle of the ball (other than Tawney) was the new Suzy 175 on the transom just begging to be hooked up and Shawn was aching to do it.
It was great to catch up with old friends and meet some new ones.  Special thanks, Alan for the ride in that sweet new Chevy that goes like hell!
Hudson was amazing!  Not only did he consume three doughnuts and two hamburgers, he looks like he only weighs 50 lbs!!!  This guy is going to be an Arima owner some day!!!
Thank you Shawn for hosting and Bruce for the beer!  Oh, thanks also to the guys who poured my lead!
Everyone should thank Darren aka Marine40 for the 40 lbs of high quality lead he donated to the cause!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

GregE

John = Shawn

crappy weather????  couldn't have been nicer for early March.  It did snow at my place last evening, 1.5" flakes for a while

Buddy posted this- lots of lead pouring going on

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1860909470823103&id=100007122046807&comment_id=1861164080797642&reply_comment_id=1861166094130774&notif_t=feed_comment_reply&notif_id=1488734638813043
Greg

HemiGTX

Those guys are using a powdercoating gun to coat their jigs.  That method uses an electrical charge to make the powder stick to the jig.  This is the normal method used for powdercoating kicker brackets and the like.
AKA: "The guy who fishes with Nicole"

PNW Pride

Thanks everyone for an excellent day!  Here are some pictures from yesterday.
21' Sea Ranger/Honda 150HP