News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Defiance Arimas

Started by Neal, February 09, 2017, 09:52:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neal

I was thinking about buying a newer Arima.  The excellent reviews I read about the Arima boat is prior to 2011 when Mr. Arima owned the company.  Is the quality of the Arima boat just as good with the Defiance team?   Are they built the same and as solid?   Noticed that the new ones now have fiberglass transoms,  Is the fiberglass as strong as the prior wood/fiberglass stringers that Mr. Arima used.    Thank you!  Neal

wedocq

There are a few minor differences, but the boat is definitely built just as solid. The main ones I can think of are: The floor fish box covers are built lighter (and supposedly stronger) and have a little flex to them and the hard tops have forward leaning windshields. I have not heard many complaints.
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

croaker stroker

My fishing partner, Sam, is thinking about buying a new 16' so it will fit in his garage.....he asked me the same questions Neal is asking.

The perception is that the new boats may not be as strong or long lasting as the old ones. In their advertising, Arima needs to better explain how the strength and construction Has been improved over the old methods.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

BurnsieBabe

The new Arimas are built with the same strength and integrity as the older ones but now we do not put any wood in them.  For the transom we use Coosa which is a very strong substitute which cannot rot.  In the floors we use a couple of different products to replace the wood.  We use a "laminating" plastic as well as a "honeycomb" type of material to give the floor a stability usually found with wood but with the ability to not rot.  We have not cut back on quantity or quality in any way in the manufacturing process.

We brought our molds and our know-how over to Defiance as well as many of the boatbuilders.  Don, one of the original designers and a co-founder of the Arima line, is here as well as me.  I can assure you, the Arimas we are making now will last and last just like the original company's boats.

Belinda (with Arima since 1997)
Belinda Burns
Arima Marine International Inc from 1997
Defiance Marine LLC from 2013 (since Arima purchase)

Yachter Yat

History is not the past; it's the present, as we all carry it with us......James Baldwin    
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

croaker stroker

Great write-up Belinda.  :clap:  This information should be put on the front page of the Arima website and all of the brochures. IMHO

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Chief of the Boat

rp2000r

I have owned several Arimas from a 99 to a 2016. Boats seem the same quality to me and the newer boats I believe around 2013 and newer have marine tinned wire which is a nice upgrade over the older auto wiring that was used in older boats.

Arimas are great safe boats, cheap to run and have great resale value if you decide to sell/upgrade down the road.

DevMah

Thanks Belinda :applause:
Great information

Dev
2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

DevMah

2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold