News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Portland Sportsman Show

Started by StreamFixer, January 25, 2017, 05:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StreamFixer

In past years many of us have gathered at the Cafeteria in the East end of Building D for a bite to eat and a brew.  This has occurred at 6PM, Thursday night of the show.

This year Thursday evening during the show will fall on Feb. 9.  I plan to be at the cafeteria at 6 pm that day.  If any of you would care to join me I would certainly welcome the company and to meet  old and new friends.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

TheDoctor

2008 SR19 : '08 Honda BF135/BF8

GregE

We probably can't come but will present in spirit when the toast to Woody is made.
MaybeFin Finn will call from Finland again

For the newer members, Woody was a strong supporter of this website in it's early years.  I was glad to have met him a couple times during his remission time before the cancer came back.

I was looking at some of his posts and the first one lists the items he was selling/ passing along.  His beloved Arima  with Keith attached  ( loaded with lots of extras ) already had a new home ( second link ).  He always took time to provide helpful info to those asking.

I'd like to think we carry on with that tradition.

http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?topic=4963.msg55331#msg55331

http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?topic=4928.msg54868#msg54868

More Woodyisms can be appreciated scanning through his posts:

http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?action=profile;u=2;area=showposts;start=25

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Danno

I looked up what I think is Woody's first post here shortly after the site was launched:

http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?topic=21.msg78#msg78

A testament to his humor and his bond with Streamfixer which I'll never understand.   :hoboy:
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

StreamFixer

Quote from: Danno on January 25, 2017, 11:13:30 PM

A testament to his humor and his bond with Streamfixer which I'll never understand.   :hoboy:

Me either, but I am so blessed that the bond occurred...  Just wish it had been a couple of decades earlier...

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

StreamFixer

'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

TheDoctor

A small but lively crew.  Woody was properly toasted.

croaker stroker

Woody was an inspiration to me. I was invited by Streamfixer and Woody went with us fishing for Sturgeon on the last days that Sturgeon fishing was open in the area. I remember his stories and his ribbing of my fishing skills. He was pretty weak and had difficulty breathing, yet traveled a distance to be there to go out with us. He brought the bait which he purchased on the way to Streamfixers house. He also brought cookies, which Streamfixer and I gobbled up. Although you could tell Woody was weak and sick, he never complained. While getting out of the boat to help guide it onto the trailer, he stumbled and almost fell but regained his balance, straightened himself up and continued as if nothing happened. He passed a short time later. We were only together for a day, but he left a mark on me. I will not forget him.

Whenever I feel that my health issues would prevent me from fishing...I think of Woody, and I go anyway.

He was a badass.

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

GregE

Thanks for the picture and toasting for us Steve.  I recognize most of those present- that guy behind you is suspect.

CS,  very good remembrance- thanks for sharing!!
Greg
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

StreamFixer

Sorry I missed out,  Back went out about 1530 so I headed for the barn.  No kokanee gear this year???

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

Threeweight

Sorry I could not make it this year.  Hoping to get by the show tonight.

Heard that P-Line was bringing back the industrial-grade Beckman landing nets.  Anyone get a look at them?

Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

TheDoctor

Did not see them, 3WT, but was not looking for them, either.

The suspect behind me is my son, Collin.  He catches most of the fish on the boat, especially fall CR Nooks.  He is deadly with that dang pink "Ladies Edition" salmon rod.  I'd give him a worse time about it, but he fills the freezer, so what can I do?

Anybody recognize the rock formation behind us?

GregE

Sail rock?

The suspect behind me is my son, Collin.  He catches most of the fish on the boat, especially fall CR Nooks.  He is deadly with that dang pink "Ladies Edition" salmon rod.

Yep, knew he  was suspect!!   :wink:
Greg

Threeweight

FYI, I saw some interesting new suspension seats being made by WPS out of Klamath falls at the show.

Marine grade aluminum frames, with a dirt-bike style mono-shock for dampening the pounding.  I have seen very high end seats in Coast Guard RIB's built in this style. The WPS units were on sale for $300 for his first batch (some ugly welds), and $400 for the new batch. 

If I didn't already have suspension seats in my tin can, I would have bought a set.

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

BigMac

3 wt--May be in the market for a nice seat.  How can I find out more/contact them?  Missed them at the show.
Thanks.
(Dave)

GregE

Greg

Threeweight

--- Hunter S. Thompson

StreamFixer

A Feb. 8 reminder

In past years many of us have gathered at the Cafeteria in the East end of Building D for a bite to eat and a brew.  This has occurred at 6PM, Thursday night of the show.

This year Thursday evening during the show will fall on Feb. 8.  I plan to be at the cafeteria at 6 pm that day.  If any of you would care to join me I would certainly welcome the company and to meet  old and new friends.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

GregE

and a remembrance tribute to Woody

We may be able to make the trip if I can get dog sitters
Greg

Sugar_Magnolia

Quote from: StreamFixer on January 20, 2018, 02:00:29 PM
A Feb. 9 reminder

This year Thursday evening during the show will fall on Feb. 9.  I plan to be at the cafeteria at 6 pm that day.  If any of you would care to join me I would certainly welcome the company and to meet  old and new friends.

StreamFixer
February 9th is Friday and the 8th is Thursday. I know because I put my name on the vacation calendar at work today. So I am guessing this would be the 8th? I would love to stop buy and say hi if you will have me. The plan is to try and get a deal on an I-Troll at the show and to see what else I can find.
2015 21' Arima Skip Tower 140 HP Suzuki

StreamFixer

d_bird

Thank you for catching that date error.  I fixed my post. 

See you there...

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

darci

It will be great to meet you guys !

GregE

Well, fooey.  We're getting the crud, aches, dripping nose ....  Even though I wasn't gonna kiss SFX its best we don't share.

You all have fun putting faces to screen names, enjoy.
Greg

StreamFixer

Thank you for not sharing...  I have been pretty much hiding out and have managed to miss the Horrible Gonkuss so far...  and my knuckles are bleeding from pounding on everything wooden here...

Sure been a lot of folks miserably sick this year.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade