News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Going to Sportsmans Show today (1-25-17)

Started by wedocq, January 25, 2017, 07:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wedocq

I will be heading to the Sportmans Show today, anyone else going to be there?
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Kimbrey

Oh dang it starts today??  I'm in Westport right at the minute but headed home today.  I'll be heading to the show tomorrow.
2005 Sea Legend --Sold--replaced with 26' Duckworth—Sold—replaced with 28' Farallon Walkaround

Craneman

Quote from: Kimbrey on January 25, 2017, 08:27:25 AM
Oh dang it starts today??  I'm in Westport right at the minute but headed home today.  I'll be heading to the show tomorrow.

Kimbrey they are going to pick that old steel dragger that sank out of the water out at firecracker point at 10:30 this morning. Might be interesting  two crane pick, get to see where you tax dollars are going and moorage fees help pay to have these old hulks hauled out.

Moeandjo
91 15 ft Sea Hunter
45 hp Honda
4 hp Yamaha

GregE

Quote from: wedocq on January 25, 2017, 07:25:44 AM
I will be heading to the Sportmans Show today, anyone else going to be there?
-Shawn

"Sounds good. Bruce and I will be pouring lead today around 4. You're welcome to join us.  :biggrin: :whistle:

-Shawn"

OK, how you going to schedule this since Today is here?
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

wedocq

I was kidding! We haven't scheduled anything.  :biggrin:
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

GregE

Goofball   :berry:

$6 off Sportman's Show admission

http://www.northwestfishingreports.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23733

Greg
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Kimbrey

Quote from: Craneman on January 25, 2017, 09:14:39 AM
Quote from: Kimbrey on January 25, 2017, 08:27:25 AM

Kimbrey they are going to pick that old steel dragger that sank out of the water out at firecracker point at 10:30 this morning. Might be interesting  two crane pick, get to see where you tax dollars are going and moorage fees help pay to have these old hulks hauled out.

Moeandjo
Well shoot again I didn't know that.  We made a buzz through the dock area yesterday and saw that huge crane sitting in the parking lot by the boat ramp.  That is probably the biggest boom truck style of crane I've seen. 
2005 Sea Legend --Sold--replaced with 26' Duckworth—Sold—replaced with 28' Farallon Walkaround

Craneman

The big one is 650 ton cap
91 15 ft Sea Hunter
45 hp Honda
4 hp Yamaha

Kimbrey

Wow!!!  The picture doesn't do the crane size justice.

Kimbrey

I went to the show yesterday afternoon.  It was busy actually with a lot of people stopping blocking traffic.  I wasn't in the market for anything and nothing caught my eye to remove $$$'s out of the wallet.  I did stock up on retort and vacuum pack bags which is better than ordering and paying shipping.

Boat show today after I renew my TWIC card.  Not in the market for anything there either except maybe lunch.....hopefully. 

GregE

Greg

Flying Arima

Quote from: GregE on January 27, 2017, 02:34:17 PM
OK, what's a TWIC card?   :shrug9:

The Transportation Worker Identification Credential, also known as TWIC®, is required by the Maritime Transportation Security Act for workers who need access to secure areas of the nation's maritime facilities and vessels. TSA conducts a security threat assessment (background check) to determine a person's eligibility and issues the credential. U.S. citizens and immigrants in certain immigration categories may apply for the credential. Most mariners licensed by the U.S. Coast Guard also require a credential. Regarding card usage and facility access requirements, please contact the U.S. Coast Guard.

James

2015 19ft sea chaser / REEL TYME
2015 yamaha 115

Kimbrey

Yup I have to have a TWIC since it's a requirement for my CG license.  $120 for the renew that will just sit in my wallet and do nothing.  Kind of funny to enter Pier's 90 & 91 in Seattle you have to go through a guard station.  A couple of years ago I handed him my TWIC, he said he wanted my drivers license instead.....Yup $120.

I did go to the Boat Show today not seeing all that much that interested me either.  A lot of nice boats of course.  I noticed the new Duckworth's have a deck drain fix that I was probably the cause of.  My boat would not drain at rest so it was hard to clean it at the dock or wash the blood off when fishing.  I was screaming fairly hard with Duckworth bending over backwards to get a fix (that was good of them).  Anyway they came up with a fix which it looks like they are putting in all over their boats like mine.  I did have a good conversation with Steve Bradburn who is one of the main guys for Furuno but it was mostly about equipment we have for the boat up North (WASSP & FCV-1900).  The only thing I purchased was the electronic flare which is supposed to replace regular flares so no more buying those things anymore.  I bought that from the "Captains' booth.  Show price of $91.

Peddler

@kimbrey Did you ever find a line on a decently priced life raft?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Kimbrey

Quote from: Peddler on January 29, 2017, 08:48:19 AM
@kimbrey Did you ever find a line on a decently priced life raft?

Nope I spaced it. 

GregE

Not sure what 'decently' is??
Saw some off shore 6 pax rafts for about $3500.  I wasn't watching for bargains though.
Greg

Peddler

Quote from: GregE on January 29, 2017, 11:38:49 AM

OK, maybe the wrong adjective. How-about best "Value" or best "Bang for the Buck"? I factor-in such things as re-pack cost, interval, and convenience.

Wishin' I was Fishin'

Kimbrey

Quote from: Peddler on January 29, 2017, 04:33:54 PM
Quote from: GregE on January 29, 2017, 11:38:49 AM

OK, maybe the wrong adjective. How-about best "Value" or best "Bang for the Buck"? I factor-in such things as re-pack cost, interval, and convenience.

Matt the company I work for uses Marine Safety Services. They supply the DBC brand.  I think brand new you don't need to service the raft for 3 years and then after that it's an annual service.  I was thinking since the company does so much business with them they might give me a good buy on one for the sport boat.  Kind of doubt it as I bought a PLB from them and didn't see any real deal that I could of got from the internet. 

By the way a PLB is packed into the raft as an option not a full fledged EPIRB.  The vessels all have the EPIRB outside of the rafts.  They do all of our annual service of rafts and survival suits.  Don't really need to do that with the suits but we do it anyway.

They are located a couple of blocks West of Fishermans Terminal next to Harris Electric.