News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Skip tower removable?

Started by FryFish, January 16, 2017, 09:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FryFish

Is a skip tower installed in a way that you could unbolt it and remove seasonally?

Are they all installed the same way?
1998 17' SC -- Sold
2021 17' SC - Suzuki 90hp - Yamaha F8

Salmon King

You COULD but why would you?
You would end up leaving at least 16 open holes in the boat for water intrusion AND...
while I've never done it, I'm betting it would be a ton of work.
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

Markshoreline

Some aftermarket models will tilt forward or rearward to allow less height to get into a garage or to pay less toll on a ferry, but the standard Arima skip does not fold.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

FryFish

Thanks, that is what I was wondering. I wouldn't want to undo screws/bolts that went into the boat itself. Was hoping maybe there was a connection midway up the structure or something.

I was drooling over a 17SC skip top for sale. But for 3 months out of the year I want an open boat for trolling in close quarters, the boat would also be parked in a spot with lowish clearance during that time.
1998 17' SC -- Sold

Markshoreline

You could purchase a skip tower Arima and replace the structure with a foldable.  It may also be possible to find a fabricator to install hinges in the existing supports.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Salmon King

...and here I was thinking he literally wanted to remove it for the summer!
Ahhhh...there I go thinking again. :doh:
When will I ever learn?   :shrug9:

I'll go sit down and shut up now......
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

GregE

"I'll go sit down and shut up now......
"

uh huh   :wink:
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

FryFish

Funny where your imagination will go when trying to squeeze both more, and bigger boats into your life.
1998 17' SC -- Sold

Yachter Yat

I've sometimes pictured a T top installed with four stainless antenna mounts.  Could simply be lowered like the antenna.  I once mentioned a similar mounting arrangement to Arima for canvas tops.   

Yat
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Fishin Machine

I have a fish-on tower and fold mine down to fit under the carport. It is easily removed buy unbolting four bolts. It is not exactly lite it will take two people to carry it. I never have removed it.
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger