News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Tip - Using the Gallery to Upload and Post Pictures

Started by fishing eagle, February 01, 2011, 02:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishing eagle

Using Gallery Pro is easy. Maybe I can guide you here with some simple steps. I am not an expert sometimes with directions but I will give it my best shot.

1st step is to add gallery catergory(ies) to your gallery. The moderators already have a gallery for each member.
  1) Select the "Gallery" tab at top of home page
  2) Then select "My Gallery" tab and when page opens scroll down to bottom of page where you will see "Gallery Admin Panel"
  3) Now select "add catergory settings" and then you will see a box to enter a catergory title. You can have one catergory or many categories.

Once you have created a catergory or a number of them. Your gallery your choice.... You can start loading your photos to your gallery with the next steps. To load a photo or image to your gallery:
  1) At the top of forum home page... select "Gallery" then select "My Images" and then scroll down to the bottom of new page to "Add personal gallery picture"
  2) Select the "add Personal gallery picture" tab or button and select it and a new page will open requiring information to be entered
  3) The 1st info you should add or select is the "select catergory" drop down box and select your personal catergory where you want your photo to be located.
  4) Then you add a title,  add a description if you desire (optional), then select the "Browse" button and you will  see files in your computer where your photos may be located... you may need to locate the file and then select it. You can also add keywords and I think they are optional.
  5) You are now done except for  selecting the "Add Picture" button which will load your photo from your computer to  your gallery on the forum.

When starting a new topic or replying to a thread, there are two ways to insert a photo into your forum posting. You can link a photo into your posting or message.

If you have put a photo into Gallery Pro you can use that image or picture in your message. You will use the Gallery Pro URL to link to the image.

.To insert a photo in the post, select the "insert image" button (second image from left on bottom row of tools)
    .Then insert or paste the Image Linking code or BB code from your gallery image. To get the code follow next directions....

.While you are creating your post, Go to "Gallery" tab, then to "MyImages" and then select the image you want to place in the post and open it
   .Once the image is open,scroll to below your photo where you will see the Image Linking Code or BB Code and copy the code between the [img] XXXXX[img] (this code will start with http and end jpeg) and it looks like a URL address.
  . Then paste the code without the [img] and your photo will be linked into your message if you copy the bracketed img it will not work.

A second way to put a photo into your posting is to link it to a photo in your photobucket account. This is my preferred method because you can control the image size. I like to us 320 x 240 size because I can place two photos side by side in a post here.

When using my photobucket account, I use the direct link code to link my image to the forum post. Again you use the "insert image" tool button and insert your direct link code.  Prior to using the code, I will select my images I want to post and resize it to the 320 X 240 size.

I hope I made my instructions clear and easy.. if not I will return to edit this post.
(Reel Delight) a 2001 Sea Ranger 19, 2003 Honda 90, 2010 Yamaha T8 w/power tilt, Panther T4 steering system, Hummingbird electronics, & Scotty 1116 electric downriggers.
U.S. Navy Veteran, member of U.S. Power Squadron & Past President of Lake George Fishing Alliance (Retired & ready to fish!)

GregE

Bump.  I use the Photobucket host site for most of my pics.

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

ak-angler

I've found Photobucket to be the easiest way to post pictures, especially if posting the same pictures to multiple forums. And, they also have some pretty decent editing options built in now. So, re-sizing, cropping, and adding effects is pretty easy.
1985 Sea Ranger 17 Skiff Top with 2012 Suzuki DF90A - Sold

2007 Cape Cruiser Marinaut 26 with twin 2006 Honda BF90's

StreamFixer

For stokersquid and others have a difficult time posting pictures.  It's been here all along   :whistle: :doh: :wink:

StreamFxier
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

strokersquid

I see I have been called out ! I will have to post a pic to show I can do it ! :1zhelp: