News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

If you've been BANNED Read this solution

Started by Markshoreline, December 24, 2016, 03:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markshoreline

You've not been banned, but your computer or ip address has...

Here's how to clear your cookies, cache and history on an iPhone that uses Chrome, this sometimes will remove the ban:
Open Chrome
Tap menu button in upper Right corner
Navigate to and tap settings
Tap privacy
Tap clear all, clear browsing history, clear cache, clear cookies, site data
Tap done

If that doesn't work, delete the Google and Chrome apps by holding down their icon until the icons start wiggling back and forth and tap the X.  It will begin to uninstall.
After Chrome is uninstalled, open Safari and go to google.com and download the app.
When it has completely downloaded, open Google and go to Arimaowners.com to sign in.

This method has also worked with Android phones, Apple computers and PCs.  Do a search to learn the sequence for clearing browsing history, cache and cookies on your device and then do so.  Try to log onto Arimaowners.  If that doesn't stop the ban download a different browser (ie. google, chrome, firefox, etc.), delete your previous browser and then go to Arimaowners.com to sign in on your new browser.  After you are successful, you can reinstall your old browser and it too should work just fine.

Haberdasher has added this method:

Also if you find this happening over and over again which happens to my computer at home, you can just open the website in Incognito mode. It just opens the site with a blank cache so you don't have to keep wiping it by resetting your browser.
Good Luck!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

croaker stroker

Here is what I have done on my ipad and iphone using Safari.

Clearing cookies and data usually does it. But, sometimes I have to reset my Network Settings.

Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data

Settings > General > reset > reset network settings

Restart.....   https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Markshoreline

croaker stroker

You're welcome. Hope it works for someone.

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Grilse

Thanks! This fixed my iphone with Safari.

Jeff
2005 SR19
1999 Yamaha F100
2005 Yamaha 8
Stabicraft 1530
Yamaha F60

Hunter

Ok..so here's my problem.   I can log-on just fine from home and anywhere else.   But I am "banned" on my work computer or if my phone is linked to the office wifi.   Never had this problem before about two weeks ago.   Tried all of the above.   If I give you guys my work IP address, can you "approve" it.

I mean...really....how is a body supposed to get any work done if he can't log on to his favorite forums while at work!   
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

milos dad

No problem with my IPhone or IPad, or old MacBook Pro laptop, but 'banned' with my new MacBook Pro

M D
Rick
87 Sea Hunter with 94 Honda 45
2009 6 hp Merc kicker

StreamFixer

Hunter

Your office may have a security system that does not allow the computers to be used for such access???  Or their system is running through an IP that has been banned.  I suspect it is the local security.  This is not an uncommon situation.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Rookie

I'm still banned on my new i-pad.  I tried both solutions to no avail.  I can still access the forum from the office so it's still a mystery.  Does it only affect Apple products? 
1982 Sea Chaser 17   Yamaha 90 four stroke

Markshoreline

There are three procedures...
1. Clear history, cookies and cashe.
2. Clear Network
3. Uninstall and reinstall browser

These are the only solutions that we know about at this time.

Danno

Quote from: markshoreline on January 26, 2017, 12:56:43 PM
There are three procedures...
1. Clear history, cookies and cashe.
2. Clear Network
3. Uninstall and reinstall browser

These are the only solutions that we know about at this time.

Uninstalling and reinstalling your browser should never be necessary.

I am working on a longer term solution.
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

croaker stroker

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Markshoreline

My general>restrictions were off, only thing that worked for me was uninstall/reinstall of browser.

neild

I have found that if I sign in 'forever' on one device I come up as banned on any other device, such as my work computer or ipad. I started logging in for '1 hour only' and haven't had in issue since. Make sure you are logging out of any device that had you logged in 'forever' before logging into another device then try deleting cookies.

I have a feeling it is setup to only allow one user to be logged in on one device at a time.

-Neil
Allons-y!
1991 19' SR
2017 140 Suzuki

StreamFixer

You are using your work computer to access this forum???   :bigshock:   :nono: 

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Danno

Quote from: neild on March 30, 2017, 11:31:10 AM
I have found that if I sign in 'forever' on one device I come up as banned on any other device, such as my work computer or ipad. I started logging in for '1 hour only' and haven't had in issue since. Make sure you are logging out of any device that had you logged in 'forever' before logging into another device then try deleting cookies.

I have a feeling it is setup to only allow one user to be logged in on one device at a time.

-Neil

I did not write the software but I have never seen anything that suggested this. I am always logged in from all three of my devices although I use Tapatalk on my iPhone and iPad.
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

neild

I'm just speaking from experience. I got the banned message everywhere except my MAC at home until I signed out on the MAC and I stopped getting the banned notice on all my other devices. I don't know any of the metrics this is just what worked for me.

And yes SteamFixer, I do check the forum once in a while at work.  It's a little risky, if my boss sees I might have to take him fishing one day.

-Neil
Allons-y!
1991 19' SR
2017 140 Suzuki