Author Topic: Arima Owners.com Decals - AVAILABLE NOW!  (Read 33768 times)

Offline Danno

Arima Owners.com Decals - AVAILABLE NOW!
« on: November 04, 2011, 05:59:16 AM »
The Arima Owners.com Decals are in!    :beerchug: :cha: :party:

They come in White (great for truck or Arima windows), Black or Dark Blue (best for light backgrounds or your Arima hull). All three are 2 3/8" tall by 10 1/2" wide. The letters and graphics are individual components. There isn't any background. The material is UV protected vinyl and should last around 5 years in the sun.

Cost: $6 each. A review of the costs is at the end of this post. If you order more than three, the additional  decals run $4 each. All proceeds will be applied first to the purchase of the decals and the rest to the costs associated with running this site.

Payment Methods:  I can invoice you via Paypal which allows you to use a credit card or your Paypal account or you can send me a check. My preference is Paypal.

Ordering: To order your decals, send me a PM with your name and how many you want of each color. Include your email address, mailing address and preferred payment method. I will email a Paypal invoice to you. If you prefer to pay by check, I will email my address to you so that you can send a check. When I receive your payment, I will mail the decals.

Shipping:  Upon receipt of payment, the decals will be shipped via first class mail. Card stock will be added to each envelope to protect the decal from getting crumpled. If you received a damaged decal, let me know and I will send out replacements. I do expect some loss but the cost of making the packaging damage proof is too much.

120 decals was $270. Envelopes and card stock for damage protection were $27. Paypal charges are about $0.40 for each transaction and postage is $0.64. Getting them into Canada is $1.08 but that added cost will be absorbed in the margin. I estimate 3 decals per purchase on average. That puts the total cost for the 120 decals at $330.

At $6 each, we need to sell 55 decals to break even on decal costs. If we sell all 120 decals, there will be approximately $330 that will go towards web site and domain costs. That's way more than we need but I only expect to sell 70 or so in the first year. I will likely send one or two out to each of the Arima Dealers and the Arima Factory to help get our web site advertised right at the selling point. I see that as a win-win because this forum definitely helps sells Arimas.

Hosting runs about $5/mo but we need to buy 3 years ahead ($5 x 36 = $180) to get that price and then figure $12 per year for domain names (we have two for $72/3 yrs). There's also a software upgrade that will cost about $50. A balance sheet will be posted on occasion so that everything is in the open. If sales are better than expected, we will find a way to spread the excess; possibly through a raffle of an Arima item or two.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 01:08:33 PM by Danno »
Previously owned a 1998 19' SR

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

Offline Vancouvertechie

Re: Arima Owners.com Decals
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 06:42:41 AM »
I will take 4.  Two white and two blue.

############## is my Paypal email.

VT
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 08:51:55 AM by Danno »
Boats owned:

2003 15' SeaHunter 50HP Suzuki (FI4Strk)
1991 16' SeaChaser 50HP Johnson (Keith)
1995 19' SeaRanger 115 Yamaha (FI4Strk)

Offline CanvasGuy

• ArimaOwners.com Sr. Banner Engineer
  • Fisherman
  • aka king slayer
  • View Gallery
    • Smart Custom Canvas
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 08:01:49 AM »
Thanks Guys.. PM sent...

Cg
Gary Smart
-1980 Hardtop Glasply Sedan"VistaCruiser" 
 http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

Offline Danno

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 08:54:58 AM »
V-techie, I sent you an invoice and removed you email address from your post so that harvesters don't get to it. When you pay the invoice, include your shipping address. I will likely make a run up to your neck of the woods this weekend as EJ has a steering cable he's going to hand off to me.

Just a reminder to everyone that if you PM me, your info remains hidden from everyone but me. Don't post it in this thread.

Offline Threeweight

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 11:40:40 AM »
Dan, I'm in for 4.  Rather than paypal, how about we settle up over beers (or on the Lady J?)
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Wild Card, Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220, Honda 225 and 9.9

“Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed.”
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Offline bryce808

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 11:56:59 AM »
hey danno I have a family member that has her own business making screen printed t-shirts, hoodies etc.

If you want I could ask if she would hook up some type of deal on shirts/hoodies(whatever) for the group if you would like to offer that also. Using your decal.

Any way I'm in for 4.

Offline Danno

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 12:30:04 PM »
3wt, you want me to drink our profits away?   :beerchug:  Okay, sounds good! I need to drop off a bucket to you anyway. Maybe this weekend when I run up to EJ's. I'll call first to see if you're around but will drop the stuff off if you're not. What color(s)?

Bryce, send me a PM with what color(s) and your email and addy. That helps me track things. Thanks for the offer on the t-shirts and hoodies. Right now, I want to get through these sales to make sure I don't end up in the hole. I thought of doing something like that but would rather work with Arima on something like the hat purchase that went down a few years back.

For those keeping track, I have updated the postage fees now that the first set have been sent off to the Great White North and those in WA.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 12:33:53 PM by Danno »

Offline SRanger

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 12:36:52 PM »
Kudos to Canvas Guy, Croaker on the design!  And BIG Kudos to Danno for dealing with all of us!!

PM sent.
99 19' Arima Sea Ranger HT,  Honda BF130/BF8.
88 17' Arima Sea Ranger ST,  Yamaha F80/Merc 8 (sold)

Offline ak-angler

• Fisherman
  • May your seas always be calm.
  • View Gallery
    • Alaska Dinner Factory
Re: Arima Owners.com Decals - AVAILABLE NOW!
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 02:08:26 PM »
I'm in for a couple. Just trying to figure out what colors I want... leaning toward blue and white. I'll shoot you a PM in a couple of days.

Thanks for all the effort on this Danno. :bowdown:
1985 Sea Ranger 17 Skiff Top with 2012 Suzuki DF90A

2007 Cape Cruiser Marinaut 26 with twin 2006 Honda BF90's

Offline Croaker Stroker

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 08:14:50 PM »

I'll take two white and one black.

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"If a fish will, he will… if he won't, he won't… and that's about it… except… he may take this when he won't take that."

Offline GoodDays

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 11:36:41 AM »
Thanks To Danno, Canvas Guy, and The Croaker Stroker for putting this all together !!!

GoodDays Greg

Offline chuckster

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 11:48:06 AM »
Got mine ordered up yesterday   :party:
1987 Sea Chaser
115 HP Yami / 8 HP Merc
"When I die I hope my wife doesn't sell my fishing stuff for what I said I paid for it"

Offline Danno

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 03:04:47 PM »
Installation Instructions:

1) Wash your window or surface completely. It's best to apply the decal while the surface is near room temperature or slightly warmer.

2) Peel the backing off of the decal. Normally, you would only fold back from one side in order to keep air bubbles from getting entrapped under the decal but since there isn't any large surface area, I was able to remove the whole backing without any problems with air entrapment.

3) Place the decal in position. The front paper had tacky adhesive on it in order to help hold the decal in place.

4) Use the edge of a credit card or a plastic putty knife to press the individual decal components onto the surface. Squeegee from one side towards the other so that you prevent any air bubbles from getting entrapped.

5) Slowly peel the cover paper off of the decal. Watch closely to make sure it doesn't pull up any of the transfer.

6) Enjoy!

Offline wedocq

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 05:00:47 PM »
Now we just need some business cards I can hand out! I must have 25 Arima owners on my route. I am pretty sure none of them are on this site. I would just talk to them in person if they were ever home when I had a parcel for them... :doh:
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki DF175 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Offline CanvasGuy

• Fisherman
  • aka king slayer
  • View Gallery
    • Smart Custom Canvas
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 02:47:42 AM »
Now we just need some business cards I can hand out! I must have 25 Arima owners on my route. I am pretty sure none of them are on this site. I would just talk to them in person if they were ever home when I had a parcel for them... :doh:

What! :doh:
 you can't splatter that UPS truck with these stickers..? I think about 124 ought to do it.. :biggrin:

nice placement Steve..you have two sides to the Lady j  :wink:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 04:52:54 AM by CanvasGuy »
Gary Smart
“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

Offline Danno

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 12:14:05 PM »
If you want to show off an Arima decal but feel weird about advertising a web site, remove the 's.com' and the decal will still look great and just say 'Arima Owner'.

I just mailed off a bunch of envelopes today. If your order was in before last night, your decals shipped today via USPS (snail mail). Woody, I tried to send yours via Saskatchewan but they said it would probably get there slower if it went through Portland. Three went out last Friday but all I can remember is Enniberg's among those (Vancouver Techie maybe Tubbs CanvasGuys were among those).

Enniberg, drop me a note when you get yours. I'm interested in how long they take to get to Canadian addresses.

SaltyPuddle, I need your zip code to drop yours in the mail.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 12:24:53 PM by Danno »

Offline CanvasGuy

• Fisherman
  • aka king slayer
  • View Gallery
    • Smart Custom Canvas
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 04:36:34 PM »
Thanks Danno got mine today
 didn't have time to install yet..
Cg
Gary Smart

Offline Enniberg

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 01:17:45 PM »
Enniberg, drop me a note when you get yours. I'm interested in how long they take to get to Canadian addresses.

Decals arrived today. Looking good  :beerchug:
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. (unknown)

Offline Croaker Stroker

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 04:43:33 PM »

I got mine. Nice quality sticker. Good materials. Easier to install than usual. Just fit on my center window.

The Sticker Maker did a nice job.

Thanks Danno.

"If a fish will, he will… if he won't, he won't… and that's about it… except… he may take this when he won't take that."

Offline bryce808

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 07:49:21 PM »
Just paid for my bill! Can't wait for my decals to show up.

Thanks Danno and anyone else involved in making these decals.

Offline ak-angler

• Fisherman
  • View Gallery
    • Alaska Dinner Factory
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2011, 02:50:49 PM »
Hey Danno, did you get the PM I sent for my sticker order? It's been about a week and I haven't heard anything back yet. I can re-send the info if you don't have it. :shrug9:

Offline ak-angler

• Fisherman
  • View Gallery
    • Alaska Dinner Factory
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 10:17:36 AM »
Wow, that was fast! I paid my invoice on the 13th, and I got my stickers in the mail yesterday (the 15th). They look great, too. The only problem is that it's about 12 degrees outside right now and the wind is blowing about 30 mph, so I'm going to have to wait for a break in the weather to actually put them on.

Thanks again Danno!

Offline bryce808

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 10:48:00 AM »
 paid my invoice on the 10th and still havent got my decals yet  :shrug9:

Danno did my decals get shipped out?

Offline Croaker Stroker

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 10:55:08 AM »
Now my wife wants my extra to put on her car. She says she wants to be able to recognize her car in the Shoping Mall parking lot.  :hoboy:

Offline Danno

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 12:23:47 PM »
Bryce, I think your decals went out on Thursday 11/10. Maybe it was Friday. If you don't get them tomorrow, let me know and I will send another set out.