Author Topic: Welcome! Introduce Yourself  (Read 198550 times)

Re: Welcome! Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1325 on: May 02, 2018, 02:53:27 PM »
Hello, I just recently bought a 90 1511 SE, I live in Birch Bay, WA.   This forum has been amazing, I have been lurking for months, but accomplished a lot based on all of the great posts and expert knowledge.  highlights for me include installing Lenco 9x12 trim tabs and LED switch, removing the fuel tank and cleaning the bilge area, mounting my transducer to the inside of the hull with West system epoxy while the tank was out and many other minor things based on all the posts here.  I am very happy to count myself an Arima Owner now!!

I don't have many photos yet but here is one from the dealer i bought it from in Olympia and one of my son excited to go out for the first time.

Offline GregE

« Reply #1326 on: May 02, 2018, 04:24:59 PM »
Good for you and wELKome aboard!!   :smile1

Motor details, etc when you can.  Curious minds ....... 
Greg
Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT; SL 22 Honda 225
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:  Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat;
SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Online Chief of the Boat

« Reply #1327 on: May 02, 2018, 04:33:42 PM »
Congratulations!! 
1994 Sea Explorer 1511 loves whitecaps 2010 Yamaha F-70 2012 Yamaha F-8 with a  Fixed SaltBoss Bracket Lowrance HDS-5 & 7 Gen 2 Standard Horizon Fixed VHF 2150 with AIS

« Reply #1328 on: May 02, 2018, 09:09:50 PM »
 My new to me 90 SE has a 2008 75hp Evinrude w/ 400 hours and a Tohatsu 6hp kicker. I picked it up south of tacoma. I believe it used to be owned by someone in birchbay, wa were I live as the local Evinrude dealer was familiar with the engine. This was nice to hear since it had no records when i bought it. Big relief when they said it checked out solid and over 60% of the hours were idle speeds with no other issues.

Last year we sold a little 23 foot day sailer that we had for a few years as I want to learn to crab and fish with my wife and son and explore the San Juan Islands so I thought this would be perfect.  The SE is my first boat that can get over 7 mph.  :smile1: It was a thrill to go 32 WOT.  Looking forward to a great summer

Its also been fun to work on and fix up the way i want over the last several months, like many of you im a project guy and like learning new things. I did some fibreglass repair on the sailboat and even did a thru hull transducer.  On the SE adding the trim tabs was a pretty big job for me. 

Offline rrbill

« Reply #1329 on: May 24, 2018, 12:27:56 PM »
Hello all,
I’ve been paddling sea kayaks for decades but my arms can only take me so far. Two years ago I started looking for a different way to explore the Salish Sea. I soon discovered this site, and spent a few seasons reading about Arimas and looking at ads before I found my boat last fall…a 99 Sea Explorer with the original Suzuki 70. The seller was a 20-year Coast Guard vet who wanted to step up to a bigger Arima. I liked the way he took care of his boat.
Southern Oregon is my home, but I’m lucky enough to spend time every summer on Cortes Island, B.C. I’m looking forward to taking the Explorer to Cortes this and seeing new places.
This is my first boat with a motor. I had a brief fling with an aluminum skiff two years ago, but even on bluebird days I could see I needed a better boat. I’m likely to pepper the site with “how do I” questions, so I thanks to all in advance for your patience.

Offline Markshoreline

« Reply #1330 on: June 04, 2018, 09:55:31 AM »
The Sea Explorer is an excellent cruiser as you can anchor and sleep aboard or pull up on the beach and camp.  Congratulations and welcome to the forum.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Offline HntnFsh

« Reply #1331 on: June 11, 2018, 07:31:44 PM »
Hi all, Suzyque and I have been kicking around getting a new improved to us boat for use on Hoods canal, the Columbia, and hopefully a lot of other places that the 19' Ranger ht we bought should open up for us. Got it from a couple that bought it brand new. Been doing a lot of reading on here. Have lots we want to do it. Starting out with removing lettering and a buff and wax!

Offline GregE

« Reply #1332 on: June 12, 2018, 10:17:42 PM »
wELKome aboard

3 M wheel to remove lettering and stripes.  does well without messing up gel coat
Greg
Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT; SL 22 Honda 225
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:  Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat;
SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Offline La-Z-Buoy

« Reply #1333 on: June 12, 2018, 11:00:53 PM »
wELKome aboard

3 M wheel to remove lettering and stripes.  does well without messing up gel coat

Or, hair dryer and plastic putty knife. Assuming they are vinyl letters, not paint.
Richard

1991 19' Sea Ranger HT
DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

Offline HntnFsh

« Reply #1334 on: June 15, 2018, 06:02:12 AM »
 Have a 3m wheel but couldn't find it. Got out the heat gun and a plastic scraper. The vinyl lettering came right off. Then some WD40 and a rag for the adhesive.  Spent a few hours buffing. I can see where the lettering was but only because I knew where it was at. Still have several hours buffing left then a couple coats of wax. Looking better all the time. The stainless rails are nice, but they sure make it a pain to buff on the cabin! Should have took some Ibuprofin before bed last night. Thats a work out and I'm feeling it!