Author Topic: Centre front window leak?  (Read 200 times)

Centre front window leak?
« on: October 05, 2019, 09:36:17 PM »
We took the boat out in some bad weather. When running at speed in the rain, we ended up getting quite a bit of water coming in under the centre front window. I think we need some sort of better window stripping as jamming a towel in is not a long term solution. Anyone had this issue and how did you fix it? Pics would be appreciated...we didn't have this issue in the older SR so I'm not sure what is the best solution. I suspect that maybe the foam stripping currently in there is not original...as it really didn't seem to make a snug fit.

2008 19' SR ST-2008 Honda 135 and 2011 Honda 9.9 (bought 2019)
1990 17' SR-2006 Honda 90 and 15 (sold 2019)

Offline Markshoreline

Re: Centre front window leak?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 10:31:57 PM »
One member here recently posted saying he took out  each base screw and added sealant and reinserted, and it worked.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Offline mariner

Re: Centre front window leak?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 11:52:25 PM »
Depending on your boat it may not be a base screw but rather a base bolt with a nut just underneath inside the cuddy hidden under the cuddy carpeting.   If you undo the bolt from the topside, you may not be able to get it to tightened back down because the nut is hidden underneath the carpeting and you'll have to mess around with pulling the carpeting back and then gluing it back into place.  Either case, just put some marine sealant around either the top of the bolt or screw and it would seal it.  No need to undo the screw or bolt in my opinion.  Those bolt/screw holes are definately a source of water leaking into the cuddy onto the cushions if they are not sealed properly.  Here should be a plastic trim which goes over top of the channel which houses the trim which hides the bolts/screws.
1999 19 Sea Ranger HT: 2018 Merc115 CT ProXS: 2018 Merc9.9 ProKicker