Author Topic: Beautiful day to be on the water and fish  (Read 411 times)

Offline AJFishin

Beautiful day to be on the water and fish
« on: October 09, 2016, 09:16:58 PM »
I set out Saturday morning to do some fishing at the Esther oil rig, Horseshoe Kelp, and the Palos Veders area.
Didn't catch anything special, just a couple Mackerals, Whitefish, Halfmoons, (I believe that is the name), some Calicos, and 2 very small rock fish, and a medium Sculpin. All the fish went back so they can get bigger.
It was a beautiful and great day to be on the water;  about 85 degrees, calm glassy ocean, barely a breeze, clear blue sky and a clear view from Catalina to Bear mountain. October, my favorite month here in SoCal :biggrin:

Here's a little video.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 09:30:11 PM by AJFishin »
'96 Sea Chaser 16 - Yamaha 70HP - 2 smoke

! Go Kings Go !

Offline Zarn

Re: Beautiful day to be on the water and fish
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 09:31:33 PM »
Yep... really nice out of garibaldi, or today. Overcast... 57 degrees... no rain after 7am. Opted for some top water black bass bass action on lite tackle and cic swim baits. It took all of 20 minutes to limit out. Three toads in the mix. Turned my attention to 9" ling candy swim baits and banged a 32...34" on a slow troll while i waited for the crab pots to fill. Nice limit of 90's. 7am start... back at the dock by 1130am...fresh. Counted over 90 trailers in the parking areas when i got back. Come on monday.

I set out Saturday morning around 7am to do some fishing at the Esther oil rig, Horseshoe Kelp, and the Palos Veders area.
Caught a couple Mackerals, Whitefish, Halfmoons, (I believe that is the name), some Calicos, and 2 very small rock fish, and a medium Sculpin.
I was a beautiful and great day to be on the water;  about 85 degrees, calm glassy ocean, barely a breeze, clear blue sky and a clear view from Catalina to Bear mountain. October, my favorite month here in SoCal :biggrin:

Here's a little video.

SOLD... 87'SR, Blue Stripe/Top & ETEC 90, Honda 8, Arima owner... 11 years. Gonna miss her but I'll still be around here.

Remember....when attacked by a clown posse always go for the juggler first.

Offline BestBoats

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 06:27:13 AM »
Yep... really nice out of garibaldi, or today. Overcast... 57 degrees... no rain after 7am. Opted for some top water black bass bass action on lite tackle and cic swim baits. It took all of 20 minutes to limit out. Three toads in the mix. Turned my attention to 9" ling candy swim baits and banged a 32...34" on a slow troll while i waited for the crab pots to fill. Nice limit of 90's. 7am start... back at the dock by 1130am...fresh. Counted over 90 trailers in the parking areas when i got back.

Zarn, never tried casting for topwater bass down there....just bottom fishing. Do you cast to structure ....in guessing the jetties or twin rocks? Sounds like fun!
2007 21' Sea Ranger Hardtop "THE A-TEAM"
150 Evinrude Etec
9.9 Susuki EFI

Offline Yachter Yat

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 06:46:45 AM »
   Season's been done for me for a month now.  Got out 11 times this year.  Put a little under 50 hrs. on the new 60.  Fishing?........never happened. Just didn't feel like running out 25 miles out for my one allowable Cod.  I must say, however, had a lot of fun cruising, swimming and simply enjoying this fabulous little Arima/Honda rig of ours.  Can't tell you how many times the wife and I looked at each other and asked........"Who needs a bigger boat?"   So nice to be "cured".  ha   BTW, love the looks of that Pacific Ocean.....we've had a few lookin' like that this year. 

Yat
Dear Arima:  Please "square-off" the Hunter transom.  Make it like my old 77 Silverline.  Thank you.  Oh yeah...please hurry; I'm getting old.

16 SC/Honda 60