News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

What are the best arima options and accessories? Share your photos

Started by mm916157, August 24, 2016, 04:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blindmonkey

Here is an old photo of mine. I use them much like FWilliams.
Lorne
2013 17' Sea Chaser, Honda 90, Yamaha F8 SOLD
1994 Sea Explorer, Mercury 60, SOLD

BurnsieBabe

Just an FYI guys, For both Baystar and Seastar, we install them with SeaStar hydraulic hoses.  We too prefer them to the standard Baystar hoses.  Just letting you know so that if that is the only reason you would choose SeaStar instead of BayStar when getting a new boat, it is not an issue.

We do not offer cuddy cushions for the Sea Chasers.

Belinda
Belinda Burns
Arima Marine International Inc from 1997
Defiance Marine LLC from 2013 (since Arima purchase)

mm916157

Quote from: FWilliams on August 25, 2016, 07:32:45 PM
Quote from: blindmonkey on August 25, 2016, 09:28:58 AM
The previous owner of my boat equipped it with 2 small Yeti coolers that strap to the deck for extra seating behind the pedestal seats. I like the ability to remove them when not needed and increase the area available for fishing. I have not found a need for more storage so a companion seat isn't the best option for me.

this is similar to what I have done. we have a small cooler behind each pedal seat . the have wheels and handles that extend, [similar to airline luggage]  we use one for cold storage with ice and the other for dry goods. each one has a cushion and is used as a jump seat . they are nice fro transporting stuff back and forth to the boat as well

This boat is AMAZING!

DevMah

Gents My  :twocents:

Here is what I have on my 2015 Ranger.  I have most of them them numbered in priory

Standard features:
- Upgraded to Yamaha 150 #1
- Full canvas top and sides  I have this and its great i can pull the top off in the summer
- Auto bilge pump I have the dual pump option #7
-48 gallon tank

Canvas: I am curious if these are different style or functions on the optional canvas
- Snap on moorage cover No
- full boat cover yes great for the winter storage months out side
- sloping back canvas No
- camper back w/ window support Yes

Accessories:
- Outboard counter topYes
- Baystar vs. Seastar hydraulic steering I have the Baystar option no problems with my 150 hp if you are ever going to add a kicker get the Seastar option #2
- Port wiper Both sides have wipers I live in Vancouver lots of rain #8
- Foredeck safety hatch Yes the kids pop the hatch open and sit on the front bow deck, it also has a bug screen so you get some air while snoozing
- 3 way battery switchYes  dual batteries and Blue Sea  switch #4
- Raw water washdown Yes #6
- side/back inwale cushions No
- Kicker bracket - I do not think I am going to start with a kicker. Is this something I can do later if I decide?Yes  the factory hull will have the provisions for a bracket later #5
- Cockpit rails with or without downrigger pads No made and installed my own downrigger pads
- Hydraulic Trim Tabs Yes Insta Trim  #3
- Footrest No
- companion seats...where do these go? Yes  behind driver and passenger seat (family of 4)...  if you want more deck space then don't get them #8
- companion seat tableNo
- removable fish containerYes this keeps the blood and guts out of the bilge area
- bait tank is a live baitwell?NO but i have converted one of the two to a live well
- Skip tower with or without the canvas optionsNo
- Rod launchers for skip tower...is this the only way to house a radar?No
- Aft jump seatsYes kids love them
- cuddy cushions...are these needed if used for storage? Yes they cover the storage bins and my kids sleep in the cuddy #8

FYI
My boat came with the LED light package also (No Bulbs)
I also have the port a potty option This is the best option my kids have used it a billion times already #9

Dev
2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

Threeweight

Former Arima owner who did lots of mods on my old boat, a repower with a fuel injected Suzuki DF90a 4 stroke was the single best mod I did to the boat. 

Lots of other good things.  Moving the batteries forward and rewiring it both solved 25 years of electrical mess and vastly improved the ride.  Non-skid deck paint helped reduce the slipping and sliding when the deck got wet.  My hand-me-down custom canvas from CanvasGuy here on the site made using the boat in bad weather much more enjoyable. 

A modern, reliable engine is the #1, 2, and 3 thing I would say.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Kingslayer

Burnewiin mounts on gunnels... And for the price of the companion seat with storage, a yeti cooler with custom backrest installed by Don.  Posting on my phone, but pics in my gallery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2016 SR HT 21
2015 Yamaha F175
2015 Yamaha T9.9

Danno

Quote from: Kingslayer on September 26, 2016, 04:44:23 PM
Burnewiin mounts on gunnels... And for the price of the companion seat with storage, a yeti cooler with custom backrest installed by Don.  Posting on my phone, but pics in my gallery

This picture?

2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

croaker stroker

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Markshoreline

My favorite accessory is no longer available- saddle tanks!  They rest inside the cuddy walls and hold an additional 10 gallons each for a total of 68 gallons.
Best uses are if you get bad gas you can switch the lever and draw from a clean tank.  Other best use is you can run your big tank empty so to easily pull it to work in the bilge area.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Kingslayer

2016 SR HT 21
2015 Yamaha F175
2015 Yamaha T9.9

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

Mike...since we are spending your money...I prefer Port & Starboard Storage Boxes with swivel seats. You can do 4 swivel seats if boxes are big enough. Never have enough storage & easy access grab for your extra gear lures, etc.

Add a Skip tower...gets your antennae up...all  around white light up...maybe add a spotlight...plus if you add radar..gets that up too...rocket launchers?   The add your canvas after wards...local canvas guy did several skip towers for $750.00 including front/side curtains...you have my number so call me for canvas referral.
Transom Seats seldom used.
Think Bait Table is about 50/50...some like it ...some don't.
Fish box liner a must have.
I like a elevated trolling bar across rear with at least 4 rod rolders.
Safety...Just get a portable can horn...cheap fix. And you can point it in the direction needed...like at the a-hole coming up behind you!
Add a rear view mirror. Betcha not all of our members have this...
All for now....
19' Jetcraft  Like new 115 Yami 4 Stroke 
SOLD  16 Sea Explorer - 17 SR Skip -19 SR Skip - 21 SR Skip

German Sausages are the WURST!

Kingslayer

Quote from: Croaker Stroker on September 26, 2016, 05:39:18 PM

I really like that. Is the Yeti mounted ?

Yeti is mounted with nylon straps and two stainless padeyes.

Along the lines of what Mark said about the saddle tanks, another great addition I made is a 23 gallon moeller redi-tank, for a total of 71, for some seriously solid range.  Pic is before the starboard cover/seat was made for it.  Balances out the boat very nicely.

2016 SR HT 21
2015 Yamaha F175
2015 Yamaha T9.9

TJ Arima

Whoa ... old post but a good one. Kingslayer, how big is that yeti. Might have try you cooler than cool idea.
Island Time
1992 Sea Ranger 19 HT
2012 Suzuki 140

Dbobby23

Quote from: TJ Arima on September 07, 2017, 11:32:46 PM
Whoa ... old post but a good one. Kingslayer, how big is that yeti. Might have try you cooler than cool idea.

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coolers/roto-molded/RTIC-145-White

Same as yeti with a much better price tag.
1983 seahunter
2004 yamaha f8
2007 yamaha f60 efi

darci

Our 1997 had every option except a skip tower. I have removed more than added! For small to medium size crew the seat box is a better fit turned 180 degrees. The pad seat is more comfortable than having your feet off the floor.
Some put a foot rest in.
With the box backwards, you can mount things on the raised flat surface (that is where our second fish finder is). We also have a seat mount there so you can put a sear facing to the aft...handy to fish that way!

croaker stroker

This is something I always add. They work great !

Amplified VHF speaker.  You can clearly receive and understand calls above the wind and motor noise.

No matter how good your reception is with your fancy VHF radio and expensive antenna, the quality of sound reproduced buy the cheap little scratchy speaker is still hardly understandable. The sound quality is greatly improved with these little speakers.

Also helps a lot if you can't hear too well.  :redface:

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

daily double

My first arima was a 17sc used for near shore fishing. Three on board was crowded four was a problem unless some where children. The accessories you are inquiring about can always be added later and usually for less then dealer cost. I would consider using additional funds to up grade to a 19 to avoid the 2 foot itsh. I went with a 22sl for my second Ariima and couldn't be happier

Fishin Machine

I've added a lot to my boat some are necessary, like a marine radio.

The three options I like best is.
1. Tower, it keeps rods out of the way something to grab on. Hopefully a future radar pad.
2. 9.9 kicker, I didn't buy one new, but it runs like new and saves a fortune in gas when trolling.
3. TR1 for the kicker, I love not having to hold on to the steering wheel while fishing all the time. The TR1 keeps the boat straight and on course.

Future upgrades
1. Wireless TR1
2. Upgraded fish finder GPS
3. Radar
4. Eventually the motor to a 130. Hp.
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger