Author Topic: Setting up EZ Loader for 17' Arima  (Read 4259 times)

Offline vxhatch

Setting up EZ Loader for 17' Arima
« on: January 31, 2011, 09:40:46 PM »
Well I finally got my new trailer (new to me 2000 Ez Loader Roller) under my 17' Sea Ranger. Now need to do some adjustments to make it fit better :biggrin: I am wondering if anyone has any pictures of a 17-19 ft ez loader of the same style set up for a 17' Arima. Trying to take some of the guess work out of the adjustments.

I believe I need to move the rear cross-bar support forward one hole. Right now it is on the very last hole and the most rear rollers are barely under the boat.

Also wondering if someone might be able to measure how far in the front and rear rollers are set in from the outside edges? (needs to be the same size trailer)

Sorry I didn't take any more detailed pictures.

Thanks,
Nick

2001 22' SeaSport Sportsman

Online Danno

Re: Setting up EZ Loader for 17' Arima
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 10:07:15 PM »
I'll be interested in what the people with more experience on setting up trailers have to say. I have a mid 1980's version of the same trailer and the aft rollers are just an inch inside of the back transom edge.

I think the first thing I would do is get a tongue weight with the boat right where it sits on the trailer. That would determine if the boat is on the right spot on the trailer. I thinks the target is 10% of the boat/trailer weight on the tongue at the hitch. Then adjust the winch stand forward or back to accommodate the proper tongue weight.

Previously owned a 1998 19' SR

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

Offline Hydro-Therapy

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 01:57:31 AM »

From what both of you have described about your rear roller being right at the transom , is the proper placement. For the tongue weight you move the axle forward or back to adjust .

Hydro-Therapy
Fish forever Work whenever !!!!!
"89" 19SR Keith 115 Merc. 15 4s kicker W/trollmaster Raymarine A70D

Offline GoodDays

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 06:38:58 AM »
that looks about right to my untrained eye.. My back rollers are almost at the back too.. My boat sits a little lower on the trailer though.. not sure ho to make that adjustment..

GoodDays Greg

Offline dixiefisher

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 07:38:07 AM »
Nick,
  Here are the only shots I have of my 17' SC on an Ez loader from the back.....the shots were more of the transducer...I had someone evaluating If I had the placement correct....but, I hope you can glean the placement of the rollers from the outside edges......

Paul Touchton

Online Danno

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 09:05:37 AM »
Dixie, your rollers are about 4 to 6 inches inward of where mine are located. Hydro-T made a good point that the axle should be moved to set the tongue weight but I'm thinking that I need to move my winch stand at least 3 inches first so that so that the rollers are located similar to yours. Having the rollers close to the transom has got to be a good thing because of the weight of the engine and all of the reinforcement back there. Here's the only picture I have of mine:

Previously owned a 1998 19' SR

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

Offline woody

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 11:10:18 AM »
SC

Dan, I've got rollers on the same size boat. Anytime you want, come over, eyeball, measure, pictures.

You do move the axles for tongue weight, and your basic position of your boat on trailer should not change.  Move the wrench to move the position of the boat on the trailer, forward or back.  1st adjust wrench for optimum positioning of boat on trailer,  Yes, rear rollers are near the rear edge of the boat.  Then test tongue weight and move the axles to get the weight (with spare and boat wet ... meaning gas, engine) for 10%.  You can check and 10% varies up and down a lot with different literature.  I know you know how to measure tongue weight because we had that discussion.  For now, forget it until you power up, get a gas tank and spare. etc. Needless to say, may be a difference in tongue weight between a Tohatsu 90 and a Honda 90 or a 90 vs 115.

Woody
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 11:26:26 AM by woody »

Offline Threeweight

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 11:14:29 AM »
Nick, I keep meaning to comment on your roller question, but I get hypnotized by the photo of your boat's hard top!  How much headroom do you have with it?

Back rollers on my Shorelander are located similar to those on Dixiefisher's trailer.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Wild Card, Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220, Honda 225 and 9.9

“Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed.”
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Offline vxhatch

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 06:08:28 PM »
Thanks for all the pictures and suggestions, it really helps to see where everything is suppose to be.

Nick, I keep meaning to comment on your roller question, but I get hypnotized by the photo of your boat's hard top!  How much headroom do you have with it?

Back rollers on my Shorelander are located similar to those on Dixiefisher's trailer.

I am about 5'10" Head room is not the best up by the drivers seat and have to duck a little, but not bad towards the back. Also can't stand up and drive  :hoboy:
2001 22' SeaSport Sportsman