Author Topic: Finally back out fishing  (Read 471 times)

Online AJFishin

Finally back out fishing
« on: July 25, 2016, 02:52:56 PM »
I haven't been out fishing since late May, but yesterday was the first time back out. Took it easy and fished inside the wall out of Long Beach and caught a couple croakers and mackerels, which the mackerels became dog food. :jester:

Then as I was getting ready to leave and I went to reel in, I hooked up with a small juvenile Bat Rey. They're fun to catch but usually get tossed back in, to much work on cleaning them. I know there not a tuna, but they're fun to reel in, especially the bigger ones.  :smile1:

But basically it was just a day to take the boat out to avoid the heat and smoke and enjoy being outside on the water.

Here's a little clip.  :jester:

'96 Sea Chaser 16 - Yamaha 70HP - 2 smoke

! Go Kings Go !

Online blue heron

Re: Finally back out fishing
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 04:09:30 PM »
I hear you!   45 years ago I was attending Long Beach State and working full time at Seal Beach NWS. I often looked at the Ocean as an escape from the crowds and air pollution and wished I had a boat to go out in.  Being a student the cost was prohibitive, but the vision never left my mind.
SR-19
115 Yamaha
8 Yamaha

Offline Markshoreline

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 09:40:56 PM »
Mackerel are a great meal when prepared Japanese style!

Whenever we get down there we have dinner at Walt's.  Love those clams!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Offline Salmon King

• Fisherman
  • Fly your flag proudly and thank a veteran!
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 07:55:58 AM »
I fish for Skate (rays) every April and May.
To clean them we cut the wings off, dip them in a pot of boiling water, and just peel away the skin.
After that it's a simple matter of pulling out the cartilage and cutting into bite-size chunks to dip in batter and fry.
Just like scallops!!
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14’ Sterling
9’ Pontoon (Bismarck)
8’ Pontoon (Hood)

Online AJFishin

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 09:31:55 AM »
Salmon King thanks for tip and they are delicious. The wings have such a great taste and make great tacos!

This is a small one I caught last year that we turned it into a few tacos  :smile1:

'96 Sea Chaser 16 - Yamaha 70HP - 2 smoke

! Go Kings Go !