News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Help with trailer rollers location on bow

Started by Gucho, July 19, 2016, 10:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gucho

Good evening folks
I a new arima owner and love the rig. Honestly, I cannot say how cool it has been to get out on the water on my own boat. When I bought the boat, it came on an ez loader trailer with rubber rollers.
The rollers located closest to the trailer wheels are riding on the strakes. Im wondering if I should center the rollers on the bow, there by putting the strakes between my set of rollers or if the bot is designed to have the rollers be closer to the keel.
I tried calling arima for clarification but nobody called me back. May be  really green question to ask.

Thanks!

croaker stroker

What rig do you have ?

I would want the rollers on a flat surface of the hull.

On my Sea Sprinter roller trailer, the rollers strattled the strakes.

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Tom Mac

A photo would help understanding what you are talking about. And what did you end up getting?
1991 Sea Ranger 17, 2014 F90 Yamaha, 2008 T8 Yamaha

Gucho

I ended up getting a 17 sea chaser and I love the rig. I'm hoping to go do some jigging tomorrow. Rick here gave me some great advice prior to me heading down.  Really made me feel comfortable with the purchase.

Gucho

For some reason the other picture where the roller is in the strake won't load... dang

Tom Mac

I saw that photo Rick sent it to me, move the roller assembly out a few inches and try it.
1991 Sea Ranger 17, 2014 F90 Yamaha, 2008 T8 Yamaha