Author Topic: Recent changes to my SC17  (Read 3557 times)

Offline J Chaser

Re: Recent changes to my SC17
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2016, 10:30:11 AM »
That looks fantastic.

John
Sea Chaser 1511, Yamaha F70, Yamaha F6 kicker

Offline troll4fish

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2016, 01:36:35 PM »
Thanks for the kudo's guys! Diablo, I live below Standley Lake and all you see around here is either tin can open fishing boats or the "mastercraft" style wake board/waterski boats. Every time I show up at a lake it gathers a crowd asking "who makes it and where did I get it" questions. When I tell them it is double hull construction, foam filled and unsinkable someone always says "like a Boston Whaler?" I just laugh and say yes but half the price for equal quality! I have seen another SC17 here on the north side of town, a guy in Erie owns that one.
I am so glad I made the trip in January 2015 to Astoria, OR to get this one. I had been wanting one for many years.

Tim
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 11:29:59 PM by troll4fish »
92 Sea Chaser 17
2004 (2015 total rebuild) Mercury 90 EFI 4 stroke
2014 Honda 8hp full remote power tilt!

Offline First Cabin

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2016, 03:19:05 PM »
Thanks guys!
The decals are the ones that Ed, (Headduck) had made this winter for all who wanted a set. They have the black "Seattle, WA"  under the Arima that was on the original decal but it is really hard to see on that flag blue paint.
When I finally get around to naming her I think I will ask my decal guy to find that color vinyl.

Looks great!  When you name her, maybe have the decal guy make you some registration numbers at the same time.  Around here, you'd get a ticket for yours not being properly spaced.

https://www.boat-ed.com/abc/abc_specific_images/pdfs/co_law.pdf
First:  1982 15' SeaHunter, Yamaha 70 2-stroke, Yamaha F6
Second:  1987 17' SeaRanger, Merc 90 2-stroke, Yamaha F8
Current:  2002 17' SeaChaser, Yamaha F100, Yamaha T8

Offline wedocq

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2016, 09:35:52 PM »
  Around here, you'd get a ticket for yours not being properly spaced.

I had a super nerd Coast Guard Auxiliary guy tell me I had one number a quarter inch too close to the other. I tool out a razor blade right in front of him as he is writing me a warning and shaved off 1/4" from the top of the 7 in my WN# to make it legal. That's the only time anyone had ever said anything to me. And that includes a lot of on water checks from several different agencies.
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki DF175 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Offline troll4fish

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2016, 11:26:33 PM »
First cabin, I like how you included the Colorado brochure on registration number placement! really? It just doesn't matter that much, All they care about here is that the boat is current on registration, has all the proper safety gear and it is cleaned, drained and dry! (Invasive species inspections)
In my 35+ years boating and now my fourth "hard boat" ( I had a bevy of inflatables with motors that required being registered) not once has anyone at any of the hundreds of trips to the lakes I have boated including 10 trips to Canada ever pointed out proper spacing requirements for the registration numbers on any of my or anyone else's boat! I am sorry my registration numbers do not meet your perfect expectations!  :hoboy:
92 Sea Chaser 17

Offline troll4fish

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2016, 02:37:30 PM »
SO! first cabin you jinxed me! I went fishing Friday to one of my usual kokanee lakes in the Colorado mountains and during the invasive species inspection the guy says your registration numbers are not spaced properly so I was asked to move them. Luckily it was warm out and they were soft enough that I was able to peel them off one by one and reposition them!
I have NEVER had anyone scrutinize my boats registration number placement before! You pointed it out last week and then this guy nicks me for it! and to boot only caught 6 baby kokanee and 5 tiny rainbows that we tossed back, they were even to small to take pictures!

So now the numbers are "better" but still not perfect but he approved them so on to the next lake! :bigshock:

« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 02:40:49 PM by troll4fish »
92 Sea Chaser 17

Offline Markshoreline

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2016, 04:11:15 PM »
Hi Trollfish,
In my reading of the messages First Cabin did not impose any perfection expectation in his comment about the spacing.  He just observed the numbers and commented on it for your benefit.  I'm glad his observation was validated by your local authorities, however.  He is on your side here.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Offline KP

• Jack
  • "It's always our self we find in the sea."
  • View Gallery
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2016, 10:20:56 PM »
 :clap: that's funny!  Suppose if you run into a bored person assigned to be charge of something - you can find that a 1/4" makes a difference.  What a strange world we live in.  Think I'll wait to get the talking to b4 I inspect my numbers?
16' Sea Chaser w Honda 75HP
Rowing dory
SUP

Offline First Cabin

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2016, 12:45:50 AM »
No harm, no foul.   :biggrin:

I always seem to get the inspector intent on finding a discrepancy he can write me up for.  He must have moved to Colorado.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 12:48:17 PM by First Cabin »
First:  1982 15' SeaHunter, Yamaha 70 2-stroke, Yamaha F6
Second:  1987 17' SeaRanger, Merc 90 2-stroke, Yamaha F8
Current:  2002 17' SeaChaser, Yamaha F100, Yamaha T8

Offline troll4fish

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2016, 02:55:29 PM »
A follow up to my boats registration number spacing. I went to Eleven Mile Reservoir here in Colorado (Colorado's 3rd largest reservoir) this past weekend and it was crowded for the fathers day weekend. During Invasive species inspection I mentioned to the State park ranger that my registration numbers had been scrutinized by an inspector the weekend before at a different lake and was asked to correct them.
He said "we don't really care about the spacing as much as the size, minimum 3" and the contrast on the boat" then he pointed out a ski boat in line with a dark gray hull and dark red numbers and said that one is hard to see. He said mine were fine and nice and big (6")
Looking around at all the boats the numbers were as different in there spacing, fonts and contrast as there are stars in the sky!

It seems there is no consistency on this subject here!  :shrug9:
92 Sea Chaser 17

Offline Markshoreline

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2016, 03:37:15 PM »
If I was out of compliance I'd get the guy who has an issue with 1/4", so I try my best to keep everything current and legal!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9