News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Lower Columbia Walleye

Started by BestBoats, May 29, 2016, 06:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestBoats

Anyone a successful angler for Walleye on the lower Columbia? I want to get this fishery figured out this summer and was going to book a guided trip but thought I would ask in here first in hopes someone was a Walleye slayer and willing to share some knowledge. Thanks-
2007 21' Sea Ranger Hardtop "THE A-TEAM"
150 Evinrude Etec
9.9 Susuki EFI

Red 22

Joined the lower Columbia walleye club at the Sportsman's show, unfortunately they had just one meeting before taking a break.  lowercolumbiawalleyeclub.com
Tony

05' Red Legend 22 skip tower, Honda 225, Honda 9.9,  Garmin 740s, Garmin HD 18 radar Garmin GHP10 auto-pilot
"I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go.
-Sterling Hayden

raiduh4life

I joined the Tri-Cities Walleye club this winter.  It's not quite the lower river but the fishing near Irrigon - Boardman has been fairly good of late.  Benton county is having a county picnic June 11th at Crow Butte park.  There will be free parking and boat ramp usage that weekend along with free bbq, sides, home made ice cream and pop on Saturday and the local Walleye club will be out.  It's a good group of very helpful, dedicated & knowledgeable Walleye fisherman.  All are welcome.

Jeff

I'd be interested in learning the Camas area walleye spots.  It close enough for quick trips, and during the summer I've read the area can do very well.
1989 Sea Sprinter
2005 Yamaha 60hp  ***Sold***

1989 Sea Chaser
2013 Honda 90hp *** 2020 Yamaha 9.9

BigMac

Jeff--

Call Roger Rauch, 503-880-3780.  He has the Columbia R. in the Camas area dialed in for walleye.  Nice guy too.
Another long-time guide is Ed Ihman (sp?) but I don't have his number. 
Walleye fishing in the river is a bit different than in lakes, so a trip with a guide to get you going is well worth the money IMO.
There is the organization that Red 22 joined--The Lower Columbia Walleye Club that meets monthly in NE Portland.  Not a member any more, but the are a friendly, helpful bunch of guys and gals.
(Dave)

BestBoats

Quote from: BigMac on May 29, 2016, 05:22:28 PM
  Jeff--

Call Roger Rauch, 503-880-3780.  He has the Columbia R. in the Camas area dialed in for walleye.  Nice guy too.
Another long-time guide is Ed Ihman (sp?) but I don't have his number. 
Walleye fishing in the river is a bit different than in lakes, so a trip with a guide to get you going is well worth the money IMO.
There is the organization that Red 22 joined--The Lower Columbia Walleye Club that meets monthly in NE Portland.  Not a member any more, but the are a friendly, helpful bunch of guys and gals.
(Dave)
Thanks for the info. That's the guy I was planning on booking with as I have read good things about him. I will give him a call-
150 Evinrude Etec
9.9 Susuki EFI

First Cabin

I would be interested in going along if you have room.  I've talked about trying walleye out here, but have never gotten around to it.
First:  1982 15' SeaHunter, Yamaha 70 2-stroke, Yamaha F6
Second:  1987 17' SeaRanger, Merc 90 2-stroke, Yamaha F8
Current:  2002 17' SeaChaser, Yamaha F100, Yamaha T8

finfinn

After you have tried pan fried walleye filets there is no going back  :food:.
Had a glorious SR19 Finnesse.
You can not change the length of your life, but boating does increase its width and depth.

StreamFixer

Quote from: First Cabin on May 30, 2016, 07:41:01 PM
I would be interested in going along if you have room.  I've talked about trying walleye out here, but have never gotten around to it.

:yeahthat:  Me too.  Let me know if there is room.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

BestBoats

Called and talked to Roger today. Super nice guy. My trip will be full as he only takes 2 guys out per trip. You two could book together with him...$330 for 2 guys for 8 hours. Will update after the trip...it will be mid July as apparently that's when fishing starts to get good.
150 Evinrude Etec
9.9 Susuki EFI