News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Yamaha rectifier

Started by jamaica, May 07, 2016, 10:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamaica

I just discovered I need a rectifier for my 2015 Yam HT 9.9 to utilize its charging capabilities (batteries by Shackleton). I should have picked up on it sooner, it clearly shows in the specs when I checked. Are there different ones out there, pluses or minuses? Any suggestions where to get one?
1994 19' Sea Ranger 150hp Merc 2stk 9.9hp Yam

jamaica

:redface: Sorry, I read about it in "battery size" by SookeFirefighter.

jamaica

I'm still not sure if I even need one. My HT 9.9 has electric start and tilt and the documentation that came with the motor doesn't give me the info that I need to know. When I call Yamaha I get put on hold till I give up and the dealer I got the motor from is no help...very frustrating. I found the number of the rectifier/regulator that I would need after searching the Yamaha website but it doesn't tell me if one is required for my motor. It's not for sale on ebay and it appears it would need to come from Yamaha. I'll keep trying but if someone out there knows I would love to hear it.

Peddler

Call Auburn Sports and Marine at 253-833-1440. Talk to David in service. He'll set you straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Full-Pull

Really hard to tell if one is installed when the motor ships or not.
Looks like the Yamaha p/n is 6G8-81960-A1-00, used on most 9.9s 2006-on:

Item No. 21 on this diagram:
http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Outboard/2006%20and%20Later/T9.9ELH2K/ELECTRICAL%201/parts.html

Here's what it looks like if you want to look for it on your motor:
http://www.crowleymarine.com/parts/445753.cfm

'91 Sea Ranger 19HT
'05 Merc 115 EFI FourStroke - Main
'90s Honda BF-8A - Kicker