News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Seat Boxes

Started by woody, January 30, 2011, 02:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody

I wanted seating for four and to accommodate storage. Tried for a very long time to get companion seats, couldn't.  Did this.

Above and below shows seats swiveled. Each seat can rotate 180 for sitting, minding your rods or whatever.

Below shows the modification to mount my stock seats. Tubing welded to flat plate, drilled, bolted.

Below shows 8 large boxes in front and 8 in aft.  Center for anything else. I did not partion the driver's box, wide open.

I was a little overzealous in size, but the seats were given to me and I'm happy with the results.

You might notice that I redid the seat backs (just started to show wear) with blue Sumbrella.  Have to look hard, but each has a big pocket in the back for guests to put things, licenses, etc.  If you look at the grab rail (over the tape deck) in front of the mates seat, you will see a Sunbrella pouch there.  Closes with snaps and fixes to grab rail with open loops and snaps.  All boat registration, etc goes in there.  Sheriff asks, unsnap, drop in his net and it gets you on the road faster.

Hey, Jay up north, As you noticed, I put the seats you gave me to good use.  Now Ed (Arimaed) in Battle Creek has a use for pedistal? and/or tubing.  Keeps on giving.

Woody

Danno

Sweet job on the seat boxes Woody. :applause:

Can I move this over to Tips and Tricks?
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

croaker stroker

Nice.  I really like the idea of the partitions.  Think I'll do something like that in my companion seat box. My stuff keeps getting all mixed up in there.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

woody

Dan, move it, actually I started there, somehow with my left thumbs, ended up here.

CS Yep. partion are good, cut aluminum, rivet.

Woody

Vancouvertechie

What about making them out of starboard?  What that be possible?
2003 15' SeaHunter 50HP Suzuki (FI4Strk)
1991 16' SeaChaser 50HP Johnson (Keith)
1995 19' SeaRanger 115 Yamaha (FI4Strk)
1992 Zodiac Hurricane Honda 135HP
1987 44' Tollycraft Motoryacht

woody

Yes, very much so.  I priced it out and beat its huge cost with with aluminum.  Know a fiberglass man who will build them.  Cost when I worked it out, Fiber glass. metal and then Starboard, low to high.  Companion seat new or used were rare and cost more.

Woody

Vancouvertechie

Woody,

Can you send me the details.  I would like to get something in the works.

Thanks!
2003 15' SeaHunter 50HP Suzuki (FI4Strk)
1991 16' SeaChaser 50HP Johnson (Keith)
1995 19' SeaRanger 115 Yamaha (FI4Strk)
1992 Zodiac Hurricane Honda 135HP
1987 44' Tollycraft Motoryacht

wedocq

Woody,
Wow! those look pretty slick!
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.