Author Topic: Arima's anchoring issue  (Read 3405 times)

Offline Fishin Machine

Re: Arima's anchoring issue
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2016, 08:16:21 PM »
It is simple, I wish it was my idea, but Lvrwurst let me see his Arima before he sold his. The roller he had was wider than mine. Either way they both work Let me know if you need more photos. Today I went sturgeon fishing, didn't catch anything but Delta weed. We anchor 6 times and never went to the front of the boat. This anchoring system is easy and I do this outside the cabin. 
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger

Offline Yachter Yat

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2016, 07:30:58 AM »
Fishin:

Thanks for the post and pics.  Certainly an interesting alternative to the anchoring issue.  That said, for some reason, I'm a little troubled by that interior cleat; could be a lot of strain on an anchor line in a nasty chop.  :shrug9:  Obviously,  that forward hatch makes that system possible, but I'm still thinking Arima could do well by giving the sliding hatch idea a serious look.

Yat
Dear Arima:  Please "square-off" the Hunter transom.  Make it like my old 77 Silverline.  Thank you.  Oh yeah...please hurry; I'm getting old.

16 SC/Honda 60

Offline Fishin Machine

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2016, 07:38:40 AM »
Yachter I agree with what you said, about the strain. Yesterday the outgoing tide was moving fast along with the wind. I do not anchor in the ocean only in the delta. This is a nice alternative to climbing on top of the bow to drop the anchor or trying to do yoga and fit through the window.  :clap:
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger

Offline StreamFixer

• Administrator
  • Fisherman
  • Have Rod, Will Travel
  • View Gallery
    • StreamFix
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2016, 08:50:44 AM »
Here's the system some of us use on the Columbia as demonstrated by Jeanne (Mrs. Woody).

http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?topic=179.msg1280#msg1280

It works well and keeps the lines away from the prop and rear cleats.  (Danno found it)

StreamFixer
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top
'03 Yamaha 115 EFI
'05 Yamaha T8 Solas 4 blade prop

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu'