News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

My new toy; Fishfinder/Chartplotter

Started by AJFishin, February 02, 2016, 01:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJFishin

I been needing to update my 1992 Humminbird fish finder, that was made when I graduated high school, and I've been looking around since I purchased my Arima back in June of last year. But what I was finding was not what I wanted, to expensive, needed to purchase something else, not the right size, etc.

But finally I came across this little guy, a Garmin Echomap 44dv fish finder with chartplotter/GPS and preloaded U.S. BlueChart g2 maps and dual SD card slot, plus other fancy stuff. So back in December I pulled the trigger and purchased it from Overton's for a really great deal, $239 with shipping. :smile1:

I installed it last Saturday at the helm, played around with it some and hopefully I'll be able to put it to use this weekend!  :smile1:

So far I love this little unit, it fits nicely and it's 4.5" display is perfect for me. It's great to have a little unit like this packed with everything and great speed when using the map, etc.

Installed:

Here's a stock picture of it.

'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

Salmon King

That aught to work....
Price looked pretty good too.
Humminbird has always given the consumer good features on a budget price.

What about a networking function?
NMEA2000?
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

AJFishin

Quote from: Salmon King on February 02, 2016, 01:59:25 PM
That aught to work....
Price looked pretty good too.
Humminbird has always given the consumer good features on a budget price.

What about a networking function?
NMEA2000?

It has NMEA 0183
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

Arimaway

Not bad. Both your garmin and your VHF have nmea0183.  You should be able to interconnect them to hand off your GPS location to the VHF.  Ths will allow your VHF to include your GPS position with your DSC transmission.
1987 Sea Ranger 17.
2016 Mercury 90 Command Thrust 4-STROKE