News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

$!@#$%! Neah Bay! Who wants to Halibut fish Westport May 1st?

Started by wedocq, January 04, 2016, 10:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vancouvertechie

2003 15' SeaHunter 50HP Suzuki (FI4Strk)
1991 16' SeaChaser 50HP Johnson (Keith)
1995 19' SeaRanger 115 Yamaha (FI4Strk)
1992 Zodiac Hurricane Honda 135HP
1987 44' Tollycraft Motoryacht

Vancouvertechie

Quote from: StreamFixer on April 27, 2016, 08:38:34 PM
Vt

Be sure Mark brings the life vest for my pup and some $$$ that he owes me...  I'll bring him some 3.2 beer but none of the good stuff.  I know what it does to him...

StreamFixer

I will remind him on Saturday morning. 

2003 15' SeaHunter 50HP Suzuki (FI4Strk)
1991 16' SeaChaser 50HP Johnson (Keith)
1995 19' SeaRanger 115 Yamaha (FI4Strk)
1992 Zodiac Hurricane Honda 135HP
1987 44' Tollycraft Motoryacht

Red 22

Russ,

Are you bringing Arima owners hats - Do you still take donations to fund this site?
Tony

05' Red Legend 22 skip tower, Honda 225, Honda 9.9,  Garmin 740s, Garmin HD 18 radar Garmin GHP10 auto-pilot
"I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go.
-Sterling Hayden

StreamFixer

Not enough interest to have any hats made.  fewer than a dozen requested this past year and they were at least 3 different colors.  So, no hats..  Sorry 

While we are in pretty good shape for the next couple of years, donations for site maintenance are always welcome.  Please get together with Danno on that issue.

For those who don't know, our site has been funded through hat and sticker sales as well as individual donations.  That is why you do not see any advertising or pop-ups..

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Crackerbox

Couple questions,

What time will some experienced bar crossers be launching Saturday?

Never having used this ramp before, I read it can be busy taking out.  Is there a special protocal on taking out at the ramp?  Like, idiling around in the basin, do people get dropped off somewhere to get the vehicle...

Thank you

Joe

GregE

Joe,  the transient dock is right next to the ramps.  There is usually a spot to drop off the driver.  Yes motor/ drift well clear of the ramp until your vehicle is in position to back down. 
Get it up the ramp and well clear to stop and clear seaweed, add transom straps etc.  Englunds has posted signs to not do it in their parking area.
Launching- the line starts near the fee box.  Don't block the access to the CG station.  Get all your drain plugs, lines and dock bumpers set before taking the ramp
Don't be That guy.   :hoboy:

Leeroy gives good tips on his Ramblings

http://www.leeroysramblings.com/Westport.htm

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

wedocq

Joe,
It's a very mild ebb on Sunday @1142am. Anytime before or after that will make decent crossings. We should set a time to meet at the boat launch.  :shrug9: If we are staggered, lets all monitor channel 68.
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Crackerbox

I was thinking  semi-early Sunday morning around 6 if that works for other people.

Joe

Rjr812

Quote from: Crackerbox on April 28, 2016, 09:58:53 AM
Couple questions,

What time will some experienced bar crossers be launching Saturday?

Never having used this ramp before, I read it can be busy taking out.  Is there a special protocal on taking out at the ramp?  Like, idiling around in the basin, do people get dropped off somewhere to get the vehicle...

Thank you

Joe

Tony and I will be leaving at 6am on Saturday.  We are moored on float 21 (right next to loading ramp.  Red 22 Arima)
Arima 22' Sea Legend 2005 w/ 250 hp Etec - 2006, Yamaha 9.9
🇺🇸 Dutch 142

(509) 430-2367  cell
(360) 406-1578. cell when fishing

Crackerbox

Great, just saw your boat. My fishing partner might not make it tonight so I would be out of luck. I hope to see you in the morning
Joe

Kimbrey

Here's some information from a friend that runs one of the larger charter boats. 
--The North Spit (North side of the harbor) has built up versus last year.  It's probably all the sand that washed away from the condo area on the South side.  He said there are breakers further out than in the past.

--I guess a few of them are buying trout from the hatcheries to use as bait.  He said alongside squid, salmon, herring et cetera a whole trout will out fish them all.

I launched my boat Thursday morning and have it at the end of float 8.  Still frantically trying to get ready.

Kim
2005 Sea Legend --Sold--replaced with 26' Duckworth—Sold—replaced with 28' Farallon Walkaround

Crackerbox

I am in Westport and my partner bailed for tomorrow, if anyone has room, I would greatly appreciate it. I have everything to provide since my boat is here. My number is 360 801 3103. I have bait, ice and money along with fishing supplies and my pfd. This would be Saturday only.

Thanks
Joe

Crackerbox

Rjr812

I got part of Tonys message this morning, I am sorry I missed it. I assume that you were inviting me to fish with you guys so I appreciate the call, my phone was on airplane mode so it didn't ring. If you want to meet later let me know

Joe

GregE

Watch for Joe in Crackerbox,  He has the bottom fish ID charts to pass along.

G

Greg
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

wedocq

Well? Is it as bad as they were predicting for today? We win be showing up early tomorrow and taking Westport by storm (no pun intended)! lol
-Shawn

Crackerbox

Unrestricted bar right now, wind is starting to pick up, but not as bad as they thought.

Crackerbox

When are people heading out? I was going at 6, ramp around 530.

Joe

wedocq

We plan to be there around 5. Hopefully heading out at 6. I am gonna fish with my buddy Steve on his 2320 Parker, along with Raslin Ref.

Rjr812

Arima 22' Sea Legend 2005 w/ 250 hp Etec - 2006, Yamaha 9.9
🇺🇸 Dutch 142

(509) 430-2367  cell
(360) 406-1578. cell when fishing

Crackerbox

Ok, thanks for replying.  See you in the morning.

Joe

GregE

Good luck with the line.......

Stay safe, have fun,  take PICTURES
Greg

beancounter

Tight lines, stay safe and have fun. Envious here in Virginia.

Chasin Baitman

2011 19' Sea Ranger, 2011 Suzuki DF115, 2011 Honda 8 kicker

"When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple ways you can get out. One, is death. The other...mental institutions"

rasslingref

Great day on the water and got to fish around an armada of Arimas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1998 19' SR HT 2019 Yamaha 115 2017 Yamaha 9.9
Kitsap County, WA