News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Happily Retired!

Started by Wyrguy, December 24, 2015, 01:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amazing grace

Congrats Ricky bobby to you and the lady. Hope you guys enjoy a long and happy future together.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

milos dad

Rick - you will be able to go fishing when the salmon run is on, and not have to work getting in the way.  Almost 2 1/2 years since my retiremenr, and enjoying the freedom

M D Rick
Rick
87 Sea Hunter with 94 Honda 45
2009 6 hp Merc kicker

cohosalmon

Merry Xmas and a fishy retirement, Rick! Hope we get together for a boat/fish chat again soon. You should get a little Victoria Arima Fishing Derby together now that you have time. That'd be fun! Cheers, Chris

GregE

Hmmmmmmm,  fish trip swaps?!?!?!? :arms:
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

beancounter

Congrats Rick. Speaking of trip swaps I usually have an Arima or more ready to fishing in the Mid-Atlantic. Always ready to take another Arimaowner fishing here. So far Txpal is the only taker. He moved back to Texas and haven't seen him on the board since.

Yachter Yat

Rick, congratulations and welcome to the club.  I've been retired for a year now and can't believe I ever had time to work.  Best part for me has been that battle with the alarm clock is finally over.   :biggrin:   What has made retirement extra nice for me was my decision to invest in dividend stocks............a little up and down on value but that steady 7 1/2 % income we're getting makes life a lot easier. 

Yat
History is not the past; it's the present, as we all carry it with us......James Baldwin    
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Raghorn

Congrats Rick on the lady and the retirement!  All the best and hope you enjoy your retirement.  Maybe will run into you on the North Island waters.  Merry Xmas!!

Chief of the Boat

Congratulations Rick!!! :applause:

tsquared

Congrats Rick! As usual, you're ahead of me--but only by a year! The plan is to pull the pin Xmas of 2016. The next thing Goretti will need to buy for you is another freezer for all the fish you'll be catching! See you in a few days and Merry Christmas!
Tom
Fish worship---is it wrong?

pgbrown

Congratulations Rick, looking forward to putting the Tekota to use. :beerchug:
See you in July!!!!!
2014 17' Sea Ranger
90 hp Honda
9.9 hp Honda

Wyrguy

Quote from: pgbrown on December 25, 2015, 08:51:15 AM
Congratulations Rick, looking forward to putting the Tekota to use. :beerchug:
See you in July!!!!!

Thanks Phillip... and, I'll get you 'started' on the Tekota... but onto the single action fairly quickly! You'll never look back! Louela & Goretti can use them!

Wyrguy Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'Arima Therapy' - Life begins where the land ends!
2012 Sea Legend HT, blue hull, S/S 6 rod rocket launcher/radar arch
F250XCA O/S T9.9 Yamahas Yamaha Command Link Plus  iTroll throttle control
Aluminum I-beam EZ Loader trailer
Raymarine E120W, Digital HD Colour radar, Two Scotty HP 2106 DRs

Wyrguy

Quote from: Widget Driver on December 24, 2015, 04:28:17 PM
Congrats on retirement! And those are some sweet fishing shoes  :biggrin:

Thanks!
If you like them shoes, there's a closet full and two Rubbermaid bins (those are the seasonal ones) They almost match her collection of purses!!!

My fishing gear...? Apparently I've exceeded my life time allotment?!?!?

fishmiester

Congrats Rick!!! :clap: I was 61 wen the big recession hit, was going to wait until I was 63 to retire, but had to pull t pin early.  No regrets, have been chasing fish in earnest ever since. Not a big pay check coming in, but enough to feed me and the Willapa Warrior, and pay the light bill. Enjoy, and maybe chase some of those nice North of the border salmon down here to the Washington South. coast. :jester:
If it swims, Ill  chase it
84 17' Seachaser, 2010 90hp Tohatsu tldi, BF15 Honda Custom welded kicker bracket.#lovethisboat

DevMah

Rick
I wont be able to make it as i have a family gathering, But plan to drop my boat off at Sherwood in January..I"ll look you up..

Tight lines

Dev
2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

Wyrguy

Quote from: fishmiester on December 25, 2015, 02:33:57 PM
Congrats Rick!!! :clap: I was 61 wen the big recession hit, was going to wait until I was 63 to retire, but had to pull t pin early.  No regrets, have been chasing fish in earnest ever since. Not a big pay check coming in, but enough to feed me and the Willapa Warrior, and pay the light bill. Enjoy, and maybe chase some of those nice North of the border salmon down here to the Washington South. coast. :jester:

Yup, had just celebrated the 40th anniversary of my 21st birthday (send me a PM Shawn, I'll explain it!!!) and this opportunity fell into my lap... Short notice (a matter of 2 hrs) to respond and here I am!!!
Haven't had to pay a light bill yet... Hopefully that and gas for the boat & truck will be covered...

Yachter Yat

Rick;  So..............at this point, I guess trying to talk you into investing in dividend stocks is out of the question, right?    :whistle:
History is not the past; it's the present, as we all carry it with us......James Baldwin    
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

CanvasGuy

Congrats Rick :applause:
You Lucky Dog.... :yeahthat:
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

Rokefin

Rick, that is awesome news....I am 4 years away, maybe 7 years, well maybe never, depends how much I want in life but fishing satisfies me enough so we will see.

Maybe you could have your bride start a fashion line of fishing wear for women - that's a fancy fish'n outfit.

The way the world is going it could be a fashion line of wear for men/women :shrug9:

BayWolf

It is not about how much life takes from us, but rather how much we gain from life.  We made the decision (also due to some health issues) to retire and it has added much life (and years) to our lives.

Congratulations Rick, and thanks for all your help and guidance you provided me.  Hope we can fish together soon.
"Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting."

First Sergeant
U.S. Army (retired) :flag:
WWW.Youtube.com/@Baywolf_Films

Tunacious

Congratulations Rick.  It has been almost exactly a year since I retired.  I don't really consider myself retired I just fill my time doing something else.  It sounds like you will be doing the same.  It is good to keep busy.  I am happy for you.  I hope you and your new bride enjoy a lot of quality time together.
Walt

Diablo

Congratulations Rick.  :party:
I don't have a full year of retirement under my belt yet but I love it. You will wonder how you had time to work go to work. Best thing...NO MONDAYS!
'98 19SR  '15 E Tec 115, '10 Honda 8
'67. 23 Tollycraft, 283 Chevy
'04  14' Western, '15 Tohatsu 10
'87  37 Roughwater two 8.2 Detroit diesels SOLD
'88 17SR  '90 Johnson 90, Honda 8, SOLD

jamaica

Congratulations!!! Pretty soon you won't know what day of the week it is anymore like most of the rest of us retired guys. Please keep the great electrical input and jokes coming. 
1994 19' Sea Ranger 150hp Merc 2stk 9.9hp Yam

Tunacious

Diablo and Jamica are absolutely correct on not knowing what day of the week it is.

I actually went out and bought a new watch that tells me what day of the week it is and got it in really big numbers so I can actually see what it says.

croaker stroker

Tunacious.....what day is it ?  Seems like Monday to me.  :shrug9:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

rasslingref

Congrats Rick!

1998 19' SR HT 2019 Yamaha 115 2017 Yamaha 9.9
Kitsap County, WA