News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Height of 17 foot Arima on trailer

Started by thefrenchglen, November 16, 2015, 08:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefrenchglen

Been watching ad's for 17 foot Arima's and was needing to know what the general height of the boat and trail would be to see if one would fit in my garage.   My garage is a little under 7 feet (83.5 inches) tall.   

Thanks

Salmon King

Well that let's mine out... :wink:
Mine is a little over 10 feet ground to top of the light since I installed the arch and top.
Prior to that it was well under 7 feet even with the top up (it was a low profile top).
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

Arimaway

Better take the width into consideration also.  Mine wheel to wheel which is about the same at the beam  8'.
1987 Sea Ranger 17.
2016 Mercury 90 Command Thrust 4-STROKE

Holokai

Is your garage door 7' or the height of the ceiling?  My garage door is 7'.  So what I have to do is back it in till the rear wheels are in the garage then unhook it from truck then lower the trailer down as far as it will go then push the rest of the way in.

familyrig

I believe it really depends on the trailer.  I am in the process of having my boat lowered on the trailer to fit in the garage. I am currently about 4 inches to tall at the windshield to fit in my 7ft garage.  This includes spinning the wheel and sliding in with the tongue on my floor jack.   I would imagine with a roller trailer it could be even more difficult. 

David
1999 Sea Explorer 75hp Yamaha 6HP Suzuki/ 1990 Sea Ranger 17' 90 hp Honda

Packman

In order to get my Sea Ranger 19 to fit in our garage I ended up buying a new trailer (old roller trailer was trashed) with bunks and a torsion bar suspension.  Bunks allow the boat to sit much lower than rollers and the torsion bar suspension is somewhat adjustable, allowing me to get it "just right" since I miss the garage door by 4". 
Sea Ranger 19, Mercury 115 4-stroke

Danno

Most 96" wide trailers don't have the room between the fenders to allow an Arima to nestle down between. I suspect most 17' Arimas have the 96" trailer unless someone upgraded.

The 19' Arimas are mixed between the 96" and the 102". I had a 102" and that allowed the hull to drop down about an extra 6".
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

Ko Ho

Hi French,
My 17 sea chaser on EZ loader roller trailer clears the 7 foot garage door by 3 inches. My driveway slants slightly down toward the street however, which may lower the tongue an inch or two when I'm backing the boat into the garage.
2006 17 Sea Chaser, Twin Yamaha 40's

thefrenchglen

Thank you all for your replies to my question.   I appreciate it.   

Zarn

I don't know the exact height of my 17' SR. I know it is taller then the 7' garage door. My 17' SR, soft top sits on a vintage 1987 ez-loader, non-swing tongue, roller trailer. The boat on trailer sits above and over the fenders. After some measuring, careful thought and a bit of trial and error I was able to develop a process to roll my 17' into the garage w/o buying a new low profile bunk trailer.

I found taking the wheels/tires off, installing 14" rims on the trailer and dropping the soft top... it rolls into my garage by the barest of margins with the trailer jack lowered almost to the 4" jack wheel. I have an added issue that my driveway is on an a 15+ degree up angle right to the garage door. I padded the rims w/ duct tape so they don't mark or tear up the concrete.

Some days, yes... this process it is a PITA. I don't really mind the additional work/exercise. It also gets eyes on different parts of the trailer/boat that sometimes get glossed over. I have the time and the alternatives are not in my foreseeable budget.

As a side note...  Once I torched a spindle on my trailer... I borrowed a buddies EZ Loader, low profile, bunk trailer. My 17'SR sat much lower on that bunk trailer then my current roller trailer... down and inside the trailer fenders. At 18" longer, that trailer did fit under the 7' garage door opening but I had to deflate the tries to <10lbs and  still lower the trailer jack to get her angled into the garage.

If you need additional info PM me.
SOLD... 87'SR, Blue Stripe/Top & ETEC 90, Honda 8, Arima owner... 11 years. Gonna miss her but I'll still be around here.

Remember....when attacked by a clown posse always go for the juggler first.

Diablo

I kept a 17 SR in a garage we had in eastern WA over the winter. It was on a bunk EZ loader. It was about an inch too high for the windshield to clear the header. What I did was lift the tongue with a leaver, fold up the jack, then lower the tongue to the concrete. There was a little bracket on the tongue it rested on. Then I would use my leaver (2x4?) and work the trailer past the header, which was on a foot or so then I could raise it back onto the jack wheel. Sounds a bit complicated but it was easy. I didn't have a folding tongue so I had to keep it diagonal which used most of a two car garage.  :twocents:
'98 19SR  '15 E Tec 115, '10 Honda 8
'67. 23 Tollycraft, 283 Chevy
'04  14' Western, '15 Tohatsu 10
'87  37 Roughwater two 8.2 Detroit diesels SOLD
'88 17SR  '90 Johnson 90, Honda 8, SOLD