News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

2002 SC Info needed Wiper motor kit direct replacement

Started by SmokeDogg, October 25, 2015, 01:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokeDogg

Seems like all the threads are about retrofitting older boats.
My Boat has original motor and arm(2002).
Hoping someone found  a particular aftermarket manufacturer and model that
worked as a direct replacement without modification to shaft hole and mounting screw?
Thanks
2002 17' SC Honda 90 4 stroke

StreamFixer

Call Belinda at the factory.  She will help you find what you need.  They carry it all.  It won't be cheap, but then we must remember this is a B.O.A.T.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

GregE

There is a dust cover on the shaft end of the wiper arm. 
Lift that carefully and remove the 2 Allen head set screws, then work the wiper arm loose from the shaft splines ( may take a little prying if no Anti Seize was used )
Then remove the jam nut and pull the shaft into the cuddy area.  Note where the three wires are connected before taking the spade connectors off

Let us know what you find-  my '99 SR needs a new motor.  I got all my experience redoing wipers on Kodak
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

SmokeDogg

Thanks GregE, I just didnt walk around the bow and get a good look... i was presuming there was something under the boot. Now you confirmed it.  :flag:

SmokeDogg

Also, Thanks Streamfixer for heads up. I was hoping somebody had some luck with an aftermarket brand
that wasn't as pricey.. Too many other things to spend money on besides a wiper :food: 

Tom Mac

I went down to my local boat store and got a new motor for mine last summer, just check the Deg. of sweep. Was under a 100$ Canadian and not hard to install.
1991 Sea Ranger 17, 2014 F90 Yamaha, 2008 T8 Yamaha

SmokeDogg

Markshoreline

Belinda is a jewel, we are fortunate to have her! :arms:
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9