News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

opted out of 17' Sea Ranger

Started by KP, October 20, 2015, 10:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KP

I went and visited that 17' Sea Ranger in Lynwood.  It looked like it needed a lot of work & appeared to have had a lot of work done on the hull with some significant bowing of the hull where a roller rested.  Additionally, the whole interior in cuddy was soaked, stunk of mildew, wood underneath rotten.  Wet.  As well, I noticed the interior free board was wonky - when I pushed on it - it was not attached to what was behind it.  The boat literally was stripped down - seemed of it's soul.  I do hope someone rescues the boat from it's current state - but imagine it to be quite the remodel.  I like carpentry work and can fiddle with glass - but this boat had other issues in my opinion that went beyond basics. Add originally said the hull was in very good shape and cushions were fine but just dirty.  Not the case.  And if folks are misleading in a posted ad - well, I just get nervous about what else might be hidden from view.  I did see that the ad was altered to more accurately reflect it's condition. I was never able to track down the thread that contained dialogue regarding the sale of this boat?  Would love now to see what is being said - maybe I missed on a potential gem?  Didn't seem like it in my gut - and my gut is wrong sometimes!  Anyone want to connect me with the thread on that boat, I'd appreciate it. 
16' Sea Chaser w Honda 75HP
Rowing dory
SUP

headduck

Sounds like you made a good choice. I too would be a bit concerned with the smaller details being misrepresented.

It's the right boat for somebody...just not you..plenty out there.
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

Markshoreline

If you'd have bought it those questions would be a lot more haunting!  You ought to pat yourself on the back for knowing enough to steer clear.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Marine40

While I have not seen the boat, It sounds like this dog has been sitting out in the open. The current owner might have also purchased the boat and then also found out that this was a huge project. This is a special boat for that special new owner....I now lower my opinion of the price to $1500.  ( Special price for Special owner ) ;)

My take is anything can be done to bring these boats back to life. My one issue is.....if there are soft floors then I would run. Cutting the floor out is not my thing. If I bought this boat I would take everything off anyway and put it back together with new items, and I mean everything is gone except fiberglass. Anything under the bow can be made to look like nothing ever happened. It's only fiberglass.

I currently have a 15 Hunter in my driveway that is all stripped down to fiberglass and a 21' Ranger that was also stripped down and is almost ready to be put in the water. With Arima boats you can do anything.
Have -15' Hunter, Had - 2 each 17' Rangers, Had - 1 each 17 Skip Chaser, Had - 1 each 19' Skip Chaser, Have - 21' Skip Ranger.

GregE

"a 21' Ranger that was also stripped down and is almost ready to be put in the water. With Arima boats you can do anything."

but get it wet?!?!?  :)
Rooting for you 
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait