News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

New member needs advice SR21HT

Started by Shackleton, October 16, 2015, 06:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salmon King

Quote from: Chief of the Boat on October 17, 2015, 03:14:33 PM
http://www.marinautboats.com/index.html   I don't think I have ever seen one of these.

EQ Harbor Service in Coronet Bay sells these boats.
I've been on one and they are amazing.
The dance floor ain't anything to brag about but to my mind that is the ONLY drawback!
Like an Arima they are designed to use a smaller HP outboard .
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

beancounter

Pretty standard on a honda the bolts and hose clamps etc are not stainless and corrode. Clean em up grease em and/or replace. Can't believe the surveyor let a corroded bolt stop him from doing the compression check. And further unbelievable he did not have the impact screwdriver Mark mentioned. It seems I always need that to get the drain and fill screws out. With 600 plus hours on a Honda in saltwater it is normal to have clamps and screws corroding some I would not be alarmed over that. The Honda motor itself seems to hold up well in a saltwater environment. Don't know why they don't use better quality fasteners. If the motor ran well I would negotiate it lower and go for it.

Shackleton

I am all over the map now. The motor ran fine on sea trial and we did run it up to 6000 RPM.  I'm trying to have the seller remove the bolt and plug so I can have it tested. 

StreamFixer

If a surveyor broke a plug or bolt on my motor, I would hold him responsible to fix the damage he inflicted, the same as I would hold a shop.  Unfortunately the shop would charge me for that effort, ------ and I would pay it.  The likely reason it was frozen was because I failed to properly maintain (regularly fresh water rinse) the motor.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Shackleton

I think if this were a Grady White or Whaler there would be no hesitation at all because there are plenty of them around here. I'm going to give the surveyor a call a bit later today

BurnsieBabe

A rare boat!

A quick note about that boat, it appears to have an opening center window.  We do not offer one but for a few boats, for one dealer, back a few years, we actually did get have an opening front center window designed for them.

Belinda
Belinda Burns
Arima Marine International Inc from 1997
Defiance Marine LLC from 2013 (since Arima purchase)

Markshoreline

2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Shackleton

I'm not sure about the window.  I hope to have the final survey information about the motor this week and then hopefully finish the deal.  When we took it out on sea trial I did not look close enough at the window because I guess I figured it did not open.  If it does I'll look at it as a bonus?

Shackleton

Compression results are in: 190/185/190/200. I'm told it is well within factory spec. Any opinions?

Threeweight

Supposed to test within 10% of each other, so it is in spec. 
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Shackleton

The boat is finally back from the Honda mechanic and I paid for it today. I will have to get the trailer registered and have it shipped up here over the next week or so. It was a long process but I think I will be happy :dance:

beancounter

Congratulations I think you got a nice boat for the money. Enjoy!

Shackleton

I'm finally going to get the boat tomorrow  :clap: :dance:  this has been a very long, drawn out process but it looks like I will even get it covered without freezing my a$$ off.  Im very excited. My neighbors are going to think I'm nuts. I sold  3 boats this summer to justify this purchase. I'm now asking myself why I ever owned 3 boats at the same time in the first place- the better half has been asking for the last 2 years :shrug9:

GregE

Standing by for Pictures.....   :)

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

beancounter

If the water hasn't turned hard on you yet drop that baby in the water and run her some and you will have all winter to order stuff and be ready for spring thaw. Plenty of members here will help you spend your money on extras.

Shackleton

15.5 hours but its home. It poured the whole way home. Pictures to come. I'm pretty sure the brakes on the trailer don't work but it was a light tow for my buddies F250. It's a lot bigger that the 16 foot boat I have towed in my Tundra but with practice hopefully it's not too bad. It's finally done. If Saturday is nice I might sit in the driveway and stare at it for a few hours.  :dance:  I guess I'm officially part of the club now like it or not.

GregE

Nope!!!

No member status without pictures. 
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

wedocq

Congrats!
I have the same boat with Suzuki power and you are gonna love it. This boat will do dang near anything you want it too. Enjoy!
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.