Author Topic: New to me legend  (Read 4948 times)

Offline need2bleed

Re: New to me legend
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2015, 07:27:03 PM »
Your absolutely right big mac!! The couple I bought it from is absolutely amazing and they have made my dream come true!! Bob and Connie have taken the best of care of the boat and are amazing people. Took the time to walk me through maintance things and show me any little tid bits or tricks to the boat, and go for a ride on Monday. I 100% thank them from the bottom of my heart. If they ever have another boat for sale I highly recommend buying from them. I wish I could say that was my garage it's parked in but it's not. Although it will be under cover as soon as its home and I can get some measurements to put it up.
Fishing is therapy for work, Catching is a life time of memories.

2004 Legend HT w/ 225 Honda & 9.9 Honda
Named the "2nd Answered Prayer"

Offline wedocq

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2015, 07:44:16 PM »
Way to pull the trigger so quickly! I saw that and was briefly tempted to call my credit union.  :doh: I am sure you are going to love the boat. Better start now getting her ready for tuna for next year. :doh: :biggrin:
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki DF175 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Offline need2bleed

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2015, 09:08:03 PM »
Gods hands are still all over this!!! He just blows me away with how gracious he is being with this whole thing. I just sold my old boat and got almost asking price  :party:  :bowdown: :bowdown:

Offline wedocq

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2015, 09:26:02 PM »
I am glad I didn't make that call to the Credit Union. Pretty hard to compete with the big guy. :whistle:
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki DF175 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2015, 08:53:44 AM »
Very nice and a big welcome to the legend club...
'02 Sea Legend.  Honda 150/8

Offline Hunter

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2015, 10:40:53 AM »
Beautiful boat and awesome to find one so well taken care of!    Welcome to the Legend club.    You're really gonna enjoy the ride and stability of the "beamiest" 22 on the water.  Keep us posted on the mods.! 

Here's a favorite that we did to ours.   Slam hatches on the sponson panels.

2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

Offline need2bleed

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2015, 01:54:05 PM »
Very nice!! I love the quick access to battery's and storage, that's much easier than taking the seat out and wiggling the cover out of its holder. Easy access means more  :gone_fishing: time. I think my first upgrade will be the tower w/radar platform. Anyone know where to get a nice one, or is the one arima sells a nice set up??

Online BigMac

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2015, 02:37:51 PM »
need2bleed,

Don't think the doors will open with the jump seats in place, unless you have something different than I have?
Hunter??
(Dave)

Offline Hunter

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2015, 07:45:47 PM »
need2bleed,

Don't think the doors will open with the jump seats in place, unless you have something different than I have?
Hunter??
(Dave)

I have the jump-seats but don't ever use them.   They just seem to get in the way..... and yes, the slam hatches we installed won't open with the seats in place. 
All Garmin Electronics

Offline Kimbrey

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2015, 09:53:33 PM »
Be careful of those aft seats.  When I had my SL more than once I'd climb over the stern when it was in the driveway, step on the seat, it would tip and I'd try to break my leg.  I finally just took them off and left them in the garage. 

One of the best things about the SL is self draining decks.

The slam hatches look like a great idea!!!  A really good idea.  A really, really good idea!!!!!  I like that.
2005 Sea Legend --Sold--replaced with 26' Duckworth

Online BigMac

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2015, 06:56:34 AM »
Kimbrey,

I had the same problem with the aft seats until I realized there is a slot on the inside the board part is designed to fit into.  (I had been setting the board on top.)
Storing the 2 boards and cushions are a pain, but these aft seats are really useful when installed for cruising with guests aboard.
(Dave)

Offline straiteagle

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2015, 03:51:04 PM »
quote: "I think my first upgrade will be the tower w/radar platform. Anyone know where to get a nice one, or is the one arima sells a nice set up?? "

I'm very happy with the radar/rocket launcher bracket I had installed at the Arima factory 8 years ago.  Have great coverage as it is installed with a forward slant on the radar dome mount so that you still look down on the water when up on plane.  Have 6 rocket launchers- rod holders- mounted on this one, plus the cruising/anchor 360 degree white light on an adjustable pole, room for GPS antenna, rear deck spot lights, etc. 
Set up the radar equipment myself with an additional electric panel/fuse box in the port rear compartment that handles just the radar and downrigger power.  For setting up yourself, you need to tell whoever makes the bracket what brand and model radar dome you will install so that they can drill the proper mounting holes- there is not a universal mounting template.

Offline need2bleed

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2015, 04:51:50 PM »
-straight eagle- thanks for the info, never thought about the tilt on the radar!! Is that something you have to ask for??

- bigmac- not sure where your talking about the storage of your aft seat?? Could I get maybe a pic or better discreption??

-hunter- found an old post of yours about the number of legends ever made!! Is it true there are only 50 of these amazing boats around??

- I am dying here.... It's killing me to wait for my first go tomorrow morning!!!!!

Offline Hunter

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2015, 06:57:50 PM »
-hunter- found an old post of yours about the number of legends ever made!! Is it true there are only 50 of these amazing boats around??

This info came to us straight from the Queen Princess and Matriarch of the land of Arima..... Belinda.   And according to her,  the 50 number is the number of 22 SL's made..... who knows how many are still around. 

All Garmin Electronics

Online BigMac

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2015, 10:20:53 AM »
need2bleed,

Storage of the aft seats (2 boards with cushions) just referred to where they are put when not needed.  They have some weight and bulk to consider, but it's not that big a deal.
(Dave)

Offline daily double

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2015, 04:42:28 PM »
I had nw custom boat works out of silverton make my rocket launchers last spring. He installed a 6 rod arch and 2 custom net net holders for 750.00.  At that time the arima arch was 1200 plus freight.

Offline need2bleed

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2015, 09:37:56 PM »
Upgrade complete!!! She is now home and ticking away with no room to spare!!! All I can say is WOW to everything about this boat. I look foward to her first real trip

Online Markshoreline

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2015, 12:53:50 PM »
I don't know if these boats are called Sea Legends, but I was behind a 22 convertible on Holman Road in Ballard last fall!  It looked like a pacer on steroids!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Offline Rokefin

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2015, 08:41:26 AM »
Everyone has said enough good words already but I keep going over this post......that is one sweet boat!

One day Lord willing......
1989 17ft Arima Sea Chaser 2010 115 Yamaha 1995 9.9 Yamaha kicker - Bodega mostly

Online rasslingref

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2015, 12:49:16 PM »
Everyone has said enough good words already but I keep going over this post......that is one sweet boat!

One day Lord willing......

Rokefin:  You got a bad case of 5 footitis?   :stirthepot:
1998 19' SR HT 1999 Honda 90 Yamaha 9.9

Offline straiteagle

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2015, 04:34:11 PM »
-straight eagle- thanks for the info, never thought about the tilt on the radar!! Is that something you have to ask for??

- bigmac- not sure where your talking about the storage of your aft seat?? Could I get maybe a pic or better discreption??

- I am dying here.... It's killing me to wait for my first go tomorrow morning!!!!!

Arima has the radar mount manufactured with the proper degree of tilt forward for the boat ride.  Sorry for the late reply but the coho are in off of Port Angeles, small but very eager to bite.  Limits for last 4 times out and of course, more wild than hatchery fish.  Now we just need some larger fish to come in by next Thursday- wild coho retention starts.

Offline need2bleed

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2015, 11:10:09 AM »
Well eagle I guess as far as excuses go that's a really good one, wonder if that will work on my boss. :biggrin: thanks for the info though that kinda tips the scales. I am looking at having one made too.

Offline Raghorn

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2015, 05:13:59 PM »
Beautiful boat, congratulations!

Offline Rjr812

« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2015, 07:49:39 PM »
Congratulations.  If you are as excited as I was when I got mine in June, then you've probably lost a lot of sleep dreaming of her.  Welcome to the club, :fishing:
Arima 22' Sea Legend 2005 w/ 250 hp Etec - 2006, Yamaha 9.9
🇺🇸 Dutch 142

(509) 430-2367  cell
(360) 406-1578. cell when fishing

Offline need2bleed

« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2015, 08:56:55 PM »
I have lost more sleep having the boat home... But I can't say I haven't enjoyed every minute of it.