News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

First trip for me

Started by need2bleed, September 30, 2015, 09:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

need2bleed

What a story I have for the first trip out in the legend. We "my fishing buddy and I" went out of Newport saturday. The ocean wasn't bad about 5ft swells, boat was a little rougher than expected but from what I had it's a dream. I know the chine makes for a rough but extremely stable ride. We ended up with limits of seabass and some nice lings. Found a couple whales "sorry I don't have any pics, but will post go pro video when done" Wasn't able to put a salmon in the boat before the wind was getting bad and had to head in. On the way in made some calls and found a bite up river, make another call to pick a guy up at the dock. So we swing in and here comes the fish checker!! Which of course is having a bad day and thinks I am rude for answering questions in a hurry to get back out and walks off saying she is calli the cops. So we drive away and realize she has ruined our day. So we turn back around and are greeted by a nice officer who listens to both sides and figures out we are not trying to cause trouble but still has to do his job. Oh well.... That was saturday.

Turned around sunday and took the wife and kids out to portland just to float around and enjoy the day on the water. Put in at willamette park and went down to the slough and back up.  No hurry either way and had a great time, kids slept in the cuddy and we just shut down and floated for awhile. Nothing to exciting to report but I will let the pics speak for themselves. I caught the best one ever.....
Fishing is therapy for work, Catching is a life time of memories.

2004 Legend HT w/ 225 Honda & 9.9 Honda
Named the "2nd Answered Prayer"

croaker stroker

Quality time with your beautiful family in your awesome new boat...."livin' the dream"   :clap: :beerchug:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Markshoreline

Wow, you caught a kid on a hootchie!

Great story, thanks.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

need2bleed

Looks like I am going to have to work on my picture posting skills,    :shrug9: I promise they don't really look like that  :biggrin:
Fishing is therapy for work, Catching is a life time of memories.

2004 Legend HT w/ 225 Honda & 9.9 Honda
Named the "2nd Answered Prayer"

Salmon King

Quote from: need2bleed on September 30, 2015, 10:35:39 PM
Looks like I am going to have to work on my picture posting skills,    :shrug9: I promise they don't really look like that  :biggrin:

The pictures? ...or the kids?  :rimshot:
Sorry....but the question was begging to be asked and somebody had to ask it! :biggrin:
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

Rokefin

Life is Good!  Love the name or your boat.