News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Bradley Smoker....any tips ?.

Started by croaker stroker, August 29, 2015, 10:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

croaker stroker

Wonder if they soak the rotisserie chicken you get at the markets in that stuff ? It's always moist....or Colonel Sanders ??
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

croaker stroker

KFC is marinaded with ...  Salt, Sodium Phosphate, and Monosodium Glutamate.

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Threeweight

Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

croaker stroker

Streamfixer is gonna accuse us of picking pepper out of the flyshit.

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Threeweight

I heard a nasty rumor that Streamfixer's wife is making him eat salad  :bigshock:
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

croaker stroker

My wife reads the ingredients on anything I pick up in the market....then she makes me put it back.   :nono:

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

tc808

all of the rotisserie chickens are brined but no nitrates

Stroker you need to shop without the wife for the tasty stuff....

Markshoreline

When Croaker does that he takes a stroll down the beer isle!  :jester:
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

HANNIBAL II

I had the same problem too much smoke and the temp was too hot. 
I would smoke for only hour then put Salmon in the oven at the lowest temp available for a few more hours to desired personal preference.
The last 20 mins.  brush a little pure maple syrup, and lite dusting of Montreal steak seasoning. Comes out like Candy!

Try Montreal steak seasoning it has plenty of salt plus spices...you can get it restaurant size at Costco.
I use it on all meats, fish, and smoking too it is the perfect blend.
" The smaller the boat the more you take it out "
-Capt. Rick

Sea Hunter 50Hp E-tec / 2Hp Yamaha 4 stroke
H-Dock Santa Cruz Harbor

croaker stroker

Ok. Now I tried the chicken. I screwed it up again. I brined it overnight. Followed the Morton's instructions. Way, way, too salty. Had to throw it away. :doh:

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

tc808

What was the ratio of salt to water?

Should be roughy 1 cup of salt to 2 gallons of water for overnight brine of whole birds plus whatever else you want to add.

croakstroke pinhead

Hi croaker. .. how did the yellowtail turn out?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

croaker stroker

Hi Sam.

Good. Sort of like Salty leather shoe Laces. I saved some for you.

Definitely a learning curve to this smoker. I limited the number of "pucks" because I didn't want it too smoky. But the last Puck pushed out was on the heater too long, caught on fire and flamed the whole batch.   :nono:

Just received some aluminum "pucks" today that I bought on EBAY, and some Apple wood. Now I gotta go out and get some more fish.  :shrug9:

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Markshoreline

The only Bradley problem that I've had is when smoking meat- after the cold smoke when I crank up the heat to reach 160 degrees.  The oven just keeps getting hotter though I turn down the temp so the meat runs up to 175 before I catch it...
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9