News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Airmar Thru Hull Transducer Help?

Started by FishAddict, August 28, 2015, 03:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishAddict

I was over helping my uncle upgrade a few things on his newly acquired 21 Ranger Hardtop.  We discovered a thru hull transducer installed just forward of the starboard trim tab under the fuel tank.  I'm not sure how we missed it during the original boat inspection.  I think it may be usable and better than the little transom mount he has.  I'm trying to figure out what it is without removing it.  I'm guessing it is a 50/200 600 or 1k.  It is a strange tear drop shape and plastic.  The transducer cord says airmar #c18 1680 and the connector has 9 pins.  Does anyone know if there are adapters to connect this to a modern unit like Lowrance or garmin?
21ft Sea Ranger w/Yamaha F150