News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Livingston cover?

Started by Markshoreline, August 26, 2015, 09:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markshoreline

Anyone know of a mooring cover for an 8' Livingston?  Ideally, it would have a center pole to keep water from pooling.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Peddler

My guess is you'll have to have a custom cover made.  Should be a pretty easy task... I even "Know a guy" to whom I could refer you.   :whistle:
Wishin' I was Fishin'

CanvasGuy

Mark Look Online..for a square bow boat cover..and buy a tent pole... :wink:
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

Markshoreline

I'm wanting to get one before this weekend's rain sonI picked up a 9x6 blue tarp, grommet kit and 25 feet of stretch cord at Harbor Freight.  With that and a interior mast maybe I'll have a workable rain and seagull cover. I'll post a pic if it works.

Peddler

A thought occurred to me today that you could probably find a cover intended for a pedal boat that could fit your Livingston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wishin' I was Fishin'

HemiGTX

You and your fancy-pants ideas...In my neck of the woods, people just flip them upside down.  high-falutin livingston owners lean them up against a shed ("covered storage").

:jester:
AKA: "The guy who fishes with Nicole"

StreamFixer

I am not at all surprised that is what they do in your neck of the woods.   :facepalm:   :biggrin:  Could even use one to cover the woodpile   :clap:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

HemiGTX

Around here, that qualifies as yard art!

Markshoreline

I had a brilliant DIY idea! Add grommets to a 7x9 blue tarp and weave a long elastic cord through then snap it under the gunwales and make a shark fin that will raise the center.  Worked great tied to a buoy until the 50 mph winds and 6 foot seas in the Sound that capsized the dinghy...

HemiGTX

Did the dinghy sustain any damage?  Those are great little boats and easily repaired. 

Markshoreline

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Markshoreline

No damage and it floats nicely upside down!  Plus I discovered how easily the boat is righted so no more covers!

StreamFixer

That post (no more covers) suggests since it floats so well up side down, that you are going to simply capsize it between uses...

At least it will not fill with water, or flip from the winds..... :clap:   :bowdown:   :clap:   :biggrin:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Salmon King

Quote from: hemigtx on August 31, 2015, 09:06:09 PM
Did the dinghy sustain any damage?  Those are great little boats and easily repaired.

....and yet I still have no buyers on the 10'er I listed for sale!   :shrug9:

Well....I did get one off of the CL ad but at the offering price I might as well have just signed the titles over to the "buyer" as a gift.
NOT GONNA HAPPEN no matter how ticked off the wife gets with it sitting in the yard!!!
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

croaker stroker

Plant some flowers in it.  :shrug9:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Markshoreline

Quote from: StreamFixer on September 01, 2015, 07:03:21 AM
That post (no more covers) suggests since it floats so well up side down, that you are going to simply capsize it between uses...

At least it will not fill with water, or flip from the winds..... :clap:   :bowdown:   :clap:   :biggrin:

StreamFixer

Yes, that is the evolution of thinking here...  :jester: