News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

I finally decided what to do about my commercial fishing boat

Started by Tunacious, August 22, 2015, 09:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tunacious

I am not doing my own fabrication.
I wish I were but I never learned those skills

Markshoreline

Can you estimate your new projected maximum weight?  Wonder if it will approach the boat's max capacity especially in the sea conditions you encounter?
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

amazing grace

1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

Kimbrey

Quote from: amazing grace on August 24, 2015, 05:55:35 AM
I was wondering the same thing Mark.
Yup... weight (excess) has killed many commercial fishermen.
2005 Sea Legend --Sold--replaced with 26' Duckworth—Sold—replaced with 28' Farallon Walkaround

whale

Can you weld after the foam has been placed?
I want to do something similar, smaller scale. Never figured out if the foam will burn/melt as I weld.
aluminum conducts heat too well.
2014 Sea Chaser 17, Yamaha F90, T9.9

tc808

Welding is on of those cool fabrication skills I wish I knew how to do.

Tunacious

I had my two fish totes completely full one time and it held 525 pounds of tuna.  Of course there was ice and water in the totes also.

I would say that is like having three guys in the boat with me.

The boat is rated for 8 persons or 1,400 lbs.  (2,200 lbs with boat motor and gear)

Of course when I have the totes full the rear 48 gallon tank is almost empty because of the ride out and the trolling to catch the tuna.

However:
I went sport fishing in Garbaldi today with a friend.  It was really nice to be in a open boat with all the floor space.

I,m thinking that rather that stretch the box out as much as possible I will shrink the box down as much as possible.

If I make the tote to big I am going to be cramped and will hate it.  I need enough room to work.

While in Garbaldi I caught one chinook and threw back three fin clipped coho.  The Coho were probably about 3 lbs each.

akabert