News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Factory Representatives & specialized skills

Started by StreamFixer, August 06, 2015, 07:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StreamFixer

When the broohahah erupted on the old YUKU site in Dec of 2010 (about a dozen year+ long members were banned) Danno stepped forth and initiated this site with a modicum of trepidation.  Who da thunk?  Now we are at 1650 members and still growing.  Lots of good information is being offered and shared.

I would like to take this opportunity for folks with specialized experience and information to post their specializations so others will have a better idea where to seek help. 

For Example:

I know Hydro-Therapy once sold boats for a living

Wyrguy is a font of wiring knowledge

There are all kinds of factory representatives and folks with boating related back grounds.  Please use this thread to let us know what you are willing to share.

Keep in mind the folks who will be posting are doing so out of kindness and are offering opinions and advice.  Your choice whether you accept it (and the results of doing so) or not.  And, they also have their own boats and fishing they need to find time for. 

Thank you

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Salmon King

What a great idea SF!

I vote we declare your specialty to be ideas :biggrin:

I'll volunteer my experience in working with fiberglassing and woodworking.
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

CanvasGuy

the reason I joined way back when..as CanvasGuy..
is to let people know what I do,
and have done for 35 years here in the Great Northwest.
to assist when I can,
not to build my business..since it usually requires Local attendance..
although it has coincidentally helped :biggrin:.

but I  always offer my help in advice or info free.

CG,Gary
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

Peddler

I've worked as a sale rep in the hunting and fishing industries for the past 17 years.  The agency for-which I work is contracted with about 15 vendors to sell their product in the 13 Western states.  (Montana to New Mexico, and everything West of there including AK and HI.)  I'm VERY familiar with the products I sell, somewhat familiar with competitive products.

Some of the vendors for-whom I rep include: Allen Company, Crosman, Mace Pepper Spray, ORCA Coolers, Panther Martin, Ranger Nets, SeaEagle Boats, Traditions Black Powder, Under Armour (hunt/fish/tactical), Wildlife Research, Zebco Brands (Zebco, Quantum, FinNor).  We do not typically sell direct to consumer, we sell to retailers and wholesalers/distributors.  I do occasionally "flip" my sales samples, replacing the old with the new and paying-off the sample bills.

I've been around boats all of my life, and can not get enough of being on the water.  I'm a good boater, but marginal fisherman.  I am familiar with most of Puget Sound from Olympia to the SanJuans from a boating standpoint.  I have a little bit of Sekiu, Neah Bay and ocean experience.  I've spent quite a bit of time in the Columbia estuary ("Buoy 10" fishery).

I worked at a boat dealership while I was in college.  In the parts department, then as a rigging/deliver tech. (Actually a pretty fun job!)

I'm a "Do-It-Yourself" kind of guy around the house, and I fancy myself to be a pretty good on-the-fly problem solver and "Shade-tree Architect/Designer/Engineer."  Studied drafting/design and manufacturing in college, though I'm no expert or professional.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Tom Mac

Always willing to help out other boaters on the south end of Vancouver Island. Rescues of trucks and trailers for board members from any of our great fishing spots on the Island, just PM me before you head over for my number. Being a Heavy Duty Ship Mechanic and Rigging Inspector(Lifting slings,chain falls,lifting points,etc)  I have access to a lot of specialized tools and equipment (mechanical, steel work,welding) and can answer questions on Rigging lifting and safety of gear. 
1991 Sea Ranger 17, 2014 F90 Yamaha, 2008 T8 Yamaha

croaker stroker

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

StreamFixer

Quote from: Croaker Stroker on August 12, 2015, 05:31:58 PM

I have specialized skills.

Mark being a skilled polka dancer does not count.....   :hoboy:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Full-Pull

Been a while since I've been active on the forums...that pesky "daily life" keeps getting in the way!
But I've rekindled interest in the boat, and have a bit more time available, for refurbishing my old SR 19HT.

And I've also switched careers; I now manage regulatory compliance issues for Blue Sea Systems, at their Bellingham WA headquarters/manufacturing facility.

I'm by no means an expert on marine electrical systems just yet...but learning rapidly!

'91 Sea Ranger 19HT
'05 Merc 115 EFI FourStroke - Main
'90s Honda BF-8A - Kicker

Threeweight

Nice!  I think you'll find that most everyone here who has tackled a re-wire or an electrical upgrade on their boats are big fans of Blue Sea products  :beerchug:
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

croaker stroker

Quote from: Full-Pull on August 28, 2015, 12:46:11 PM
Been a while since I've been active on the forums...that pesky "daily life" keeps getting in the way!
But I've rekindled interest in the boat, and have a bit more time available, for refurbishing my old SR 19HT.

And I've also switched careers; I now manage regulatory compliance issues for Blue Sea Systems, at their Bellingham WA headquarters/manufacturing facility.

I'm by no means an expert on marine electrical systems just yet...but learning rapidly!

I will be the first to offer my boat for the testing and professional reviewing of any new Blue Sea products. (Heck, I'll take old samples too)   :fishing:  :jester:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

DevMah

All
I worked for many different companies over the years (23 years and counting) all in the engineering/maintenance field.

My marine back ground came from when I worked for Rolls-Royce Marine as a Senior Service Engineer.

I am always if time permits willing to help.

Tight Lines

Dev

2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

Jwoo 1800

I know this is an old post but figured I'd throw my skills in the hat. 27+ years electrical and electronics work for the Navy. I'll qualify this with the fact that they're all on aircraft systems but radios are radios and radar is radar and most importantly electricity still hurts [emoji3061].  It might take me a bit of research to figure out the dialect but the language is the same.  Plus I love projects especially if someone else is footing the bill.

Jon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
93 Sea Chaser 19'
94 Merc Black Max 135
05 Honda 8 Classic