News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Motor finished (for a 2nd time). Heading out for sea trials!!

Started by wedocq, August 22, 2011, 07:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wedocq

Everyone cross your fingers!!
I am finally finished (I hope) with my motor. :party: I am going to a large lake today to put it thru some sea trials. Maybe I will be able to fish my boat before they close Westport!  :food: :gone_fishing:
Hopefully There will be some victory photos posted later.  :beerchug:
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Hydro-Therapy

Fish forever Work whenever !!!!!
"89" 19SR Keith 115 Merc. 15 4s kicker W/trollmaster Raymarine A70D

Threeweight

Good luck with it!  Putting the finishing touches on my new backyard deck tonight, then it is back to fishing!

Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Enniberg

I hope it runs better than ever Shawn, you have a lot of catching up to do!

Johan
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. (unknown)

wedocq

Bad news. my original fears from when I "milkshaked" the oil have been realized. It didnt present itself while idling on the hose in the driveway, but once under load it was obvious I blew a bearing. Back in the garage it goes.  :facepalm: Oh well, now I have a winter project  :shrug9:
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

billsarima

Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope your rebuild goes well.
High Hopes a 1987 Sea Chaser 17', Honda 8hp and 90 vtec, with scotty 1106's, Lowrance HDS5

Hydro-Therapy

Sorry for the bad luck Shawn , I feel your pain,as my boat is in the shop again,with yet another problem. I am thankful we did not have the problem while out on the ocean.
  The upside is you will have a fresh motor for chasing fish next year.

Hydro-Therapy
Fish forever Work whenever !!!!!
"89" 19SR Keith 115 Merc. 15 4s kicker W/trollmaster Raymarine A70D